Join for free
Page 476 of 1676 « First < 376 426 466 474 475 476 477 478 486 526 576 976 1476 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Is this the stairway to heaven?

May I just say,Miss Pie,that although the unwashed masses whizzed past that photo,ignoring it completely - I found it to be a really interesting picture,incorporating both utility and humour. May golden unicorns forever be at your service,ma'am. [read 'n' learn,losers!]
So...AAA+++

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
May I just say,Miss Pie,that although the unwashed masses whizzed past that photo,ignoring it completely - I found it to be a really interesting picture,incorporating both utility and humour. May golden unicorns forever be at your service,ma'am. [read 'n' learn,losers!]
So...AAA+++

You know how to woo the ladies Pugsy Bear.
Watch out Mrs Pugsy - I am swooning
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Plenty of good reading and viewing today lads and lassies, thank you one and all.

I did hear that William Shatner was a bit of a bully on set, he thought the whole show revolved around him.
Who could ever forget lieutenant Uhura’s beautiful sexy legs, and Scotty’s temper if anyone messed with his beloved engines, ah memories.
I used to read a lot of autobiographies then I realised nobody was going to write anything bad about themselves or disclose anything that might damage their image in interviews for the general public to know about, remember how Rock Hudson’s secret was kept for so long and all the interviews he did. I remember him doing one for RTE. Today looking them up on Wikipedia gives you more info from different sources.
Was Joan Crawford really cruel to her daughter as the book “Mommy Dearest’ states? Was Stan Laurel a tight fisted bully who demanded a 60/40 share from that humble gentleman Oliver Hardy in the Laurel and Hardy partnership? Did Bela Lugosi hate Boris Karloff or were they the best of friends as another book suggests? So many Hollywood secrets we will never truly know.

I was always a Bette Davis fan, Crawford never appealed to me on screen, God bless the mark as they used to say, but something about the size or shape of that mouth of hers always put me off.
There is no doubt Davis was an outstanding actor, (I believe one cannot say actress any more) she certainly knew her trade.

God bless your insight Pug, all this unwashed peasant can see is steps with piano keys painted on them, where would us serfs be without the enlightened ones.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
So...AAA+++

I'm afraid that anything remotely to do with nuts and washers, moving parts, plumbing or electrickery is a complete mystery to me.
So, whizz past all the bits foreign to me, tell me who else commented on home furnishings e.g. wallpaper
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 07:52 PM

For a time i was besotted with 30s musicals especially the fabulous sequences directed by BUSBY BERKELY.

Gold Diggers, Flying down to Rio, Eddy Cantor et al. What about Esther Williams & Ivy Benson, Carmen Miranda, Yma Sumac.

happy days
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:37 PM

It gives me great insight, on how differently each one might view that pic.
Pugsy Bear is like me - He looks for more - An extrovert
Jem - Passed by - An introvert
Young Robert - Not sure yet, he is still thinking about it.

Beam me up Scotty
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Beam me up Scotty
That reminds me of a TV series called May to December, about a comedy romance between an older man and a (relatively) younger woman. The secretary in the show was portrayed as someone of a somewhat deprived education and used to come out with cracking one liners and malapropisms.

One of her best was, Beam me up Sooty. That cracked me up.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:15 PM

You should have preceded that by ...

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:18 PM

Beam me up Scotty
I counted the steps.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 10:20 PM

I used to have acne as a young man and the mates used to slag me "Beam me up Spotty"

I thought Diana Dors was a lovely warm person, not to mention how good she looked, I’ve watched several interviews of her, what a pity she died at only 52 from ovarian cancer.
As RJ once pointed out her real name was Diana Fluck and when she began her film career she was asked to change her name, she picked Dors, her maternal grandmothers maiden name.
“They asked me to change my name. I suppose they were afraid that if my real name Diana Fluck was in lights and one of the lights blew”

Page 476 of 1676 « First < 376 426 466 474 475 476 477 478 486 526 576 976 1476 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top