Join for free
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:18 AM

Alexa Plugs

Think today is my day for probing techie issues. I renewed my broadband contract recently and have been supplied with a new router - and a new password.

My Alexa works and Echo Dot works too after I put the new password into the app on my phone. But how to I get the plugs to work?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:34 AM

Re: Alexa Plugs

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Think today is my day for probing techie issues. I renewed my broadband contract recently and have been supplied with a new router - and a new password.

My Alexa works and Echo Dot works too after I put the new password into the app on my phone. But how to I get the plugs to work?
Go into the Alexa app, on your mobile, and look in devices, where you should find something like "plugs".

Reinstall any plugs, with yoiur new info, and all should be OK.

There might be a button, on your plugs, which you have to press to make it happen. Still got the Plug installation instructions?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 12:22 PM

Hmm, I need to get my tech head on soon too. Our internet has been going in and out this morning, probably a problem with the router. Also I need to sort out my echo auto or whatever it's called - the Alexa for my car, which I got for Christmas. (Yes I know, it's already February and I haven't installed it. Scared it'll be tricky )
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Go into the Alexa app, on your mobile, and look in devices, where you should find something like "plugs".

There might be a button, on your plugs, which you have to press to make it happen. Still got the Plug installation instructions?
Sound advice. If you do need to reset your sockets, a long press on the socket's button will put it in setup mode (blinking lights). Use the Alexa app on your phone to detect it, then connect it to your WiFi.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sound advice. If you do need to reset your sockets, a long press on the socket's button will put it in setup mode (blinking lights). Use the Alexa app on your phone to detect it, then connect it to your WiFi.
I am a bit confused Judd, my sockets and plugs only have a tumbler
switch? Does this mean l have to change all my sockets or plugs??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I am a bit confused Judd, my sockets and plugs only have a tumbler
switch? Does this mean l have to change all my sockets or plugs??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
You can do if you like. Avoid the cheap and tacky brushed steel type and MK's `Logic` range which are very flimsy. Go for the `Click` brand by Scolmore - excellent quality at a reasonable price.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Thanks Tedc. I'll have a go at doing this soon and look for the plug installation instructions too. Will get back to you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Hmm, I need to get my tech head on soon too. Our internet has been going in and out this morning, probably a problem with the router. Also I need to sort out my echo auto or whatever it's called - the Alexa for my car, which I got for Christmas. (Yes I know, it's already February and I haven't installed it. Scared it'll be tricky )
There was a major problem with the internet in Devon Yesterday, affecting various suppliers. Mine was down until this morning.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You can do if you like. Avoid the cheap and tacky brushed steel type and MK's `Logic` range which are very flimsy. Go for the `Click` brand by Scolmore - excellent quality at a reasonable price.
Sorry Jud, still lost? When you say sockets and plugs, do you mean
3 pin plugs and the socket outlets??
or is there some tech gadget l have to get ??
Sorry to be so thick but l come from a pre gadget era and the jargon
confuses me !! LOL!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

09-02-2021, 01:12 AM

Yes. The 13amp sockets and plugs. But they must comply with BS:1363 to comply with regulations.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top