Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:41 PM

Re: Dog owners scared

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's also illegal to let your dog off the lead unless it is in a designated area although not everyone in my area quite understands the concept.
"There is no blanket law requiring dogs to be kept on a lead in all public spaces"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 04:01 PM

Correct !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
People round my way like to walk their dogs off leash because they get a kick of seeming to have control over big scary dogs. However smug turns to panic when they bump into another off-leash big scary dog, and a fight ensues.
It’s rare that dogs fight off the lead .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
"There is no blanket law requiring dogs to be kept on a lead in all public spaces"
I didn't know that. I knew they had to keep their dog "under control" in a public area (traffic, kids etc) but as anyone knows, no dog is ever 100% in your control
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree but I had a bit of a surprise this afternoon. I was strolling down the Rig and I met three people with their dogs. No leads. One of them decided to have a barking fest at Max.
A collie at that. Max is a gentleman.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Never been a dog owner in the UK but if I was there with my best buddy, Tex and somebody tried to take him from me I think between the two of us we could take care of the situation. And even if we didn't prevail my god they would sustain some damage that they wouldn't get over in a hurry. I know Tex would die protecting me so I am prepared to do the same for him. There would be bits of dog napper from Brighton to Inverness..
Oh, he’s just so adorable!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree but I had a bit of a surprise this afternoon. I was strolling down the Rig and I met three people with their dogs. No leads. One of them decided to have a barking fest at Max.
A collie at that. Max is a gentleman.
see from 4.15
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

15-03-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
see from 4.15
He is good..............
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 11:45 AM

http://www.petloc.com/what-we-do

This looks OK and might delay a thief long enough to prevent them.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Dageus and I were in the park a week ago and he was chasing his ball, This Staffie type dog came out of nowhere and attacked him, went straight for his throat and as Dageus had a mouthfull of ball he was unable to respond. I was near enough to stop it before it got bad and I grabbed the Staffies back legs and raised then high and he could no longer fight. It was several minutes before his owner sauntered into view and started to have a go at me for hurting her dog. WELL, you can imagine what followed from me. I none too politely told her what I thought of her, she shouldn't be in charge of a dog, how did she expect to control it when it was out of her sight, she needed to go to training classes. ect ect. People had gathered by now and it seems this happens quite often, that made me even more furious. I quickly took a photo of her and another of her dog and told her I was reporting her to the Police, the Dog Warden, and the Council. I also told her it was going on Facebook so people could be warned about her. I didn't put it Facebook it was just a treat. But I really hope she gets herself and her dog sorted out.
One thing did bother me though, she put it on it's lead but the dog dug it's heels in and would not go with her, she had to drag it????? Why???? Very strange.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top