Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 07:14 PM

I now have my Call Blocker

Mark...

Bought it today. Just registered with the forum to get some more ideas. I've set up the International block, but won't do the Withheld until I've let organisations know, ie the hospitals and my friend, who insists on using her work line and withholds the number! I DO know that until I set that up, I can't press the Block Now button if any Withheld sign comes up on the display. I just have to hope that they wait till I've done my bit my end.

I used to have calls from a company called Scotcall, but I found out who they were by Googling the number, emailed the company asking very firmly if they wouldn't mind taking my number off their database, and got a nice reply from a human being, agreeing to do just that.

So now have to wait for the cold calls to start...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 08:04 PM

Re: I now have my Call Blocker

Good for you Jazzi. Lets hope it does what it's supposed to do.
ZX81
Alresford and beond
ZX81 is male 

18-01-2015, 08:12 PM

I got a call blocker machine from CPR, I plugged it in and my first call from INTERNATIONAL I blocked then for 3 days had no calls.
On the forth day I was up stairs and the phone in the spare room rang but not my other 3 phones kitchen, lounge, computer room did not ring.
I answered the phone and it was my sister in law, Carol, she said I've been calling you for days but did not get an answer.
The machine is safely tucked away in the draw.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ZX81 ->
I got a call blocker machine from CPR, I plugged it in and my first call from INTERNATIONAL I blocked then for 3 days had no calls.
On the forth day I was up stairs and the phone in the spare room rang but not my other 3 phones kitchen, lounge, computer room did not ring.
I answered the phone and it was my sister in law, Carol, she said I've been calling you for days but did not get an answer.
The machine is safely tucked away in the draw.
You really need to read the instructions. I'm not sure if International callers can bypass the blocked facility, but on the withheld, they have to dial 1470 first.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mark...

Bought it today. Just registered with the forum to get some more ideas. I've set up the International block,
What? You mean I can no longer call you?

My numbers are on the 'Do Not Call' register, companies face a $50000 fine if they call unsolicited.

The bugger is that charities and politicians are exempt but I rarely get cold calls now (perhaps 10 a year max) and they soon desist when I tell them they are liable to a very large fine.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:38 AM

Just as a matter of interest I check my registration on the government's Do Not Call site. This was the email I received back (I changed my phone numbers for obvious reasons):

Do Not Call Register - Registration check results

You have requested to check the following numbers.

0123456778 is currently registered and will expire on 11 March 2018

0432111111 is currently registered and will expire on 11 March 2018

You can register numbers on the Do Not Call Register at www.donotcall.gov.au, or by calling us on 1300 792 958.

Thank you,
The Do Not Call Register
www.donotcall.gov.au
Good eh? and it's free!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Yes very good! Also my uncle and aunt in Canada won't be able to call me either, but they stopped soon after Mum had died, having done their duty! I no longer even get emails from them, yet the aunt told me I was a wonderful daughter. If I was that wonderful why the breakdown in communication? I'd given her good wishes on FB (beginning to hate that site - people are so selective!) but can't remember if it was birthday or anniversary and she thanked my older sister but not me! See? Selective.

So I ain't that bothered TBH.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-01-2015, 02:31 PM

The bloody membership team have decided my application to join their forum didn't meet 'membership requirements'.

WTF?!!!!

This really isn't fair. I've answered back, saying I've just bought my own Call Blocker so how come I wasn't allowed to join.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

19-01-2015, 07:20 PM

The admin replied to my email and asked me to re-register. They were concerned about spam. Once I gave them my full name, what model I'd bought they seemed ok about it.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 09:05 PM

I applied the ultimate call-blocker - had the land-line ceased, and just use a mobile. The peace and quiet is blissful...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top