Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Re: Have you made Friends........

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Suey, the only way I know how to use only part of a post in a quote reply is to copy the whole post then use your backspace key to erase the unwanted part. There may be an easier way, but this works for me.
OK folks here is me trying to use 'multi quote' yes Suey, position the cursor at the end of the bit you want to delete and backspace, or you can position the cursor and left click and while still holding the left button down drag it forward or back, the text is then highlighted and you can press the delete key.

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I've have never used multi quote because I don't know how! I usually do separate posts!

The basic rule (from Dogsey) is to use the multi-quote button for each quote you want to use and then for the last one just use quoote

We need an idiots guide on using the features on the site (for me at least).
It would be useful, but who can do it ? I only know what I've picked up from Dogsey and not very good at this web design thingy.

I like that idea, moetsmum, I don't know how to use Multi Quote also ..
Well what do you know it does seem to work in the same way as Dogsey (Some standardisation at last )

So, on here, click the icon for each quote you want to use and for the final one click 'quote' (Not the multiquote icon) OMG that's about as clear as mud, hope one of you can follow it
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Hey, Losos, that was helpful about the Multi Quote; will try it the next time the occasion arises. This is laid out like Catsey too, very handy not having to learn a different system.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Thank you Losos, I will try that out on both sites! Just my B forum to work out now!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Thank you Losos I will practise this so watch out I will be so quote happy you will be fed up of me ....
Sue
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 08:49 PM

Hey, Losos, that was helpful about the Multi Quote; will try it the next time the occasion arises. This is laid out like Catsey too, very handy not having to learn a different system.
Originally Posted by moetmum ->
Thank you Losos, I will try that out on both sites! Just my B forum to work out now!
Originally Posted by suey ->
Thank you Losos I will practise this so watch out I will be so quote happy you will be fed up of me ....
Sue
Hey-how clever am I-just had a go a multi-quote and done it Thanks Losos for instructions.

Dandysmom, in reply to your question, I usually go to each different section individually, on the home page and keep flitting about. Problem I have though is I forget what I've read and get myself lost. Did it your way tonight, much better-thanks for that. I'll get there eventually-I'm only a learner yet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:13 PM

Glad to be of help, I have to teach myself as there's no one around here to ask and I still consider myself a learner too
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Hey, merz, that's what I did when I first was on Catsey ...would look at each section and try to remember if I'd posted in it or there was something I wanted to follow up on: ended up missing a lot pf posts till a kind soul there told me to check the New Posts and User Control. Life became a LOT simpler then!

I'm still a learner too, losos. Most of what I know is either trial-and-errror or helpful tips from other members.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Hey, merz, that's what I did when I first was on Catsey ...would look at each section and try to remember if I'd posted in it or there was something I wanted to follow up on: ended up missing a lot pf posts till a kind soul there told me to check the New Posts and User Control. Life became a LOT simpler then!

I'm still a learner too, losos. Most of what I know is either trial-and-errror or helpful tips from other members.
I can remember a time when you were frightened to try anything new on your computer Eileen.....just look at you now, you've come on in leaps and bounds!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

28-08-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can remember a time when you were frightened to try anything new on your computer Eileen.....just look at you now, you've come on in leaps and bounds!
And a lot of my confidence was gained due to the kindness of you, Azz and other members talking me thru what I didn't understand and was scared to try!
Remember when you had to explain Copy and Paste to me? And how to do a link? And innumerable other things! I'm forever grateful..... now you can't shut me up!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Now you can tell the rest of us a thing or two!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top