Join for free
Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
I was given a packet of chocolate biscuits on Tuesday. I thought I'd just eat one - wrong!!! I have binged since then. This has happened at intervals all my adult life. It is like one drink to an alcoholic.
Hi Nuttygran this thread is to try and support you when you weaken.

Lets try a bit of brain washing.
What you need if you can't limit treats is to look at them as your ENEMIES. When they tempt you instead of thinking how good they look and how good they taste think it is an enemy in disguise. Not a lovely goodie but a LUMP OF LARD dressed up to trick you and it is trying to get into your body and cling to you like a parasite.
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Rueben, For some reason your wonderful post has hit me right between the eyes! I was going out later with the express intention of buying something sweet, I fancied Danish pastries. Now I no longer want them - yay! Thank you!
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 11:11 AM

Good Good Good. I'm glad it's working. Keep it up Nuttygran. Just remember not to let that enemy to get too close
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 12:12 PM

I too am too short for my weight, that is the answer, my bloods came back all normal which is probably the only thing about me which is normal. Since the 30/05/11 I have (according to the doctors scales) lost 1 and a half stone. According to my scale I have lost about 13lbs. Either way it is a loss that I am pleased about.

Regarding the old chocolate buiscuit binge, don't feel too bad I did it with a packet of Jaffa cakes last Sunday, I thought they were low in fat, this particular brand was not and I am taking Orlistat which removes fat from my body. I will quickly pass on (just as the jaffa cakes did) I have found Snack a Jacks they are really delicious and are 51 calories per cake and 0.3 grams of fat which is brilliant. They are low in fibre and have a high carb rate but they are better than your usual chocolate biscuit.

They still contain the 'oh gosh just one more won't hurt' ingredient but they are quite big and sweet.

Please don't beat yourself up Nuttygran, just pick yourself up dust yourself down and start all over again.

I was on the Atkins diet for a long time and lost quite a lot of weight. With the atkins diet you just don't buy any sugar or carbohydrates therefore you are never tempted because if you do then you have to go right back to an induction period again when you free your body from carbs. Its long winded but it kept me and hubs on the straight and narrow for a long time. However, he now has a problem with his kidneys and has been told to stop the Atkins diet.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Cookiecate, I'm afraid one Snack a Jack would set me off again, it would be like one drink, which to an alcoholic just means 'one of many'. I am I think, a chocoholic & that seams to lead me to other sweet things.

I'm sorry you can't stay on the Atkins Diet, I think it's a very good diet. I'm surprised that it doesn't actually help the kidneys because - from what I have read your encouraged to drink a lot of water.

Good luck to you & anyone who posts later.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2011, 05:46 PM

I used to teach Linedance and I found the weight just fell off me. Dieting alone is not enough.
Billy Connolly sumed it up nicely when he said..."eat less and move more"
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

25-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I used to teach Linedance and I found the weight just fell off me. Dieting alone is not enough.
Billy Connolly sumed it up nicely when he said..."eat less and move more"
Yes, I'm afraid Billy Connelly is right Roxy. I saw Lord sugar interviewed the other evening & it seems that he's lost two stone since he started cycling.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2011, 07:14 PM

I have found that eating a low fat diet with just a gentle walk twice each day is moving the weight. I just cannot do too much because of the arthritis in my knees. I am going to start cycling at home that is not out the big wide world yet. Hopefully, I should soon be able to go swimming when I can get in my cossy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Swimmings a great all over toner and there's so little effort lol. I took that up when I stopped Linedancing.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
I saw Lord sugar interviewed the other evening & it seems that he's lost two stone since he started cycling.
Excersize is an essential part of life, not just dieting, and I doubt Lord Sugar would have lost that amount of weight just through cycling. I cycle and use the treadmill, and I just cannot shift these last few pound (well a stone, actually).
Anyway see my photo to see what cycling can do....................and it's got even worse today.

Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top