Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:49 PM

Re: Sir Edward Heath

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
When you try and convict without a trial and a jury verdict you return to barbarism and mob rule !
Talking about your worship of Meibion Glyndŵr again?
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 12:08 AM

So long after his death - I understand if it's corroborated, it's closure for any victim and facing up to abuse that should have been reported/a culture of 'not' being reported (culture?) but he won't stand trial or be faced with it. Mind you, like Jimmy Savile, if it needs bringing out. Personally, we will wait and see, as I'm sure there are deserving cases, but there's also the bandwagon/attention-seeking among them, sadly, letting down the real victims of abuse. As the others say, it's also about 'investigating the cover-up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by psmiddx ->
So long after his death - I understand if it's corroborated, it's closure for any victim and facing up to abuse that should have been reported/a culture of 'not' being reported (culture?) but he won't stand trial or be faced with it. Mind you, like Jimmy Savile, if it needs bringing out. Personally, we will wait and see, as I'm sure there are deserving cases, but there's also the bandwagon/attention-seeking among them, sadly, letting down the real victims of abuse. As the others say, it's also about 'investigating the cover-up'.
Excellent post.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 08:35 AM

its simply really [and disgusting!]

1. if he has been accused then he must face trial 'dead or alive' it don't matter.

2. if there has been a monumental police cover up that also needs exposing. Perhaps many here don't remember cases of UK paedophile rings exposed by media which included high level police officers.

all of these scum need hounding down and charging dead or alive - closure must happen otherwise we have failed the young and the innocent and it will come again!
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:11 AM

When I point out civilised behaviour I get insulted by ignorance. I have never or will never support Mebion Glyndwr - for one thing Glyndwr was a loser I prefer Owain Lawgoch. But I doubt my critics even know who I'm talking about such is their weak knowledge of Wales and Welsh history. Besides Puria Wallia has long since been corrupted and diluted by centuries of immigration. I just think that England is getting its just deserts for its double standards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
When I point out civilised behaviour I get insulted by ignorance. I have never or will never support Mebion Glyndwr - for one thing Glyndwr was a loser I prefer Owain Lawgoch. But I doubt my critics even know who I'm talking about such is their weak knowledge of Wales and Welsh history. Besides Puria Wallia has long since been corrupted and diluted by centuries of immigration. I just think that England is getting its just deserts for its double standards.
I admit I don't know any of what is being talked about but knowing who accused you I would ignore it he accuses people all the time of things they never said or did. Forum is nicer if you can ignore it. No one believes for a moment what he says.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:29 AM

I think many people are turning a blind eye and deaf ears to the fact that these inquiries (it's five forces now not four) are not just about Heath's activities.
The accusations being investigated haven't mysteriously turned up out of the blue last week, there have been accusations for decades about him and all these others...the establishment has always denied and now it seems have covered up, ignored etc.

These cover ups are also being investigated.

People need to read the facts of the investigations rather than get hysterical about things they don't like to think about.

Read what has been revealed about Dolphin Square, Elm Lodge, Haut de la Garenne, Kincora and others...read the list of 'visitors' to these places, read about what went on there and the hard brutal EVIDENCE that's been uncovered.
These facts did not come about in the last shower of rain, these terrible horrors were happening to these kids when we were busy growing up in our secure happy homes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:35 AM

Some of us were not growing up in secure homes and had our own horrors I know my stance will come it for criticism but at some point we have to get over what happened and take responsibility for our own lives, doing that meant I could forgive my abusers, and I live a happier life for doing so.

Of course any cover up should be investigated but I cannot see what naming individuals does to help that process, especially if people are dead and unable to defend themselves. We have a court system and we don't try dead people.
The money spent on this could help todays abused because we need to break the cycle in private homes where most of the abuse occurs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I think many people are turning a blind eye and deaf ears to the fact that these inquiries (it's five forces now not four) are not just about Heath's activities.
The accusations being investigated haven't mysteriously turned up out of the blue last week, there have been accusations for decades about him and all these others...the establishment has always denied and now it seems have covered up, ignored etc.

People need to read the facts of the investigations rather than get hysterical about things they don't like to think about.

Read what has been revealed about Dolphin Square, Elm Lodge, Haut de la Garenne, Kincora and others...read the list of 'visitors' to these places, read about what went on there and the hard brutal EVIDENCE that's been uncovered.
These facts did not come about in the last shower of rain, these terrible horrors were happening to these kids when we were busy growing up in our secure happy homes.
I don't think anyone has said cover ups shouldn't be thoroughly investigated and every complaint taken seriously.
What I don't like is the way some people and the press pounce on every bit of salacious gossip with apparent relish and add to it at every opportunity.
This does a disservice to the victims and the accused and also distorts the legal process.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

At last - sense
I don't care what the press have to say - I do care that these pervs are not allowed anymore - to sit back contented in the knowledge they cannot be touched - well the tide has turned thanks to the bravery of the abused

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top