Join for free
Page 10 of 30 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Or for BTL landlords who get faced with damaged lavatory bowls. Many foreigners use the shower tray as a lavatory too and use lavatory brushes or sink plungers to push solids down the drain hole.
OMG, that's disgusting behaviour. It'll come back to haunt me next time I need to use a hotel shower...….shudder.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:29 PM

I shall never look at a sink plunger the same again. ... me shudder too.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
OMG, that's disgusting behaviour. It'll come back to haunt me next time I need to use a hotel shower...….shudder.
Trust me, I've seen worse. The most shocking, and believe me I take some shocking, was a length of string tied over a bath with I'm guessing a dozen (didn't bother counting) condoms hanging up presumably to dry.

On the subject of staying in motel like places never use the kettle in the room. More than a few use it to piss in to save getting up to go to the en suite bathroom. Really.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 03:38 PM

That sounds like one * hotels, AT...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
trust me, i've seen worse. The most shocking, and believe me i take some shocking, was a length of string tied over a bath with i'm guessing a dozen (didn't bother counting) condoms hanging up presumably to dry.

On the subject of staying in motel like places never use the kettle in the room. More than a few use it to piss in to save getting up to go to the en suite bathroom. Really.
Oh Gawd...…..Faint.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 04:34 PM

Just been vising my gran and she has cupboards full of nothing but Oxo cubes.

Obviously she hasn't quite got the hang of this stockpiling lark.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Oh Gawd...…..Faint.
And it's genuine. I learned about it years ago from a couple of guys I was sharing a room with, at first I thought it was a wind-up. It wasn't.

Now when we do occasionally stop off in an el-cheepo overnight place we NEVER use any utensils or packets of biscuits or ANYTHING for fear of it being possibly deliberately contaminated by a previous occupant "for a joke". Even little bottles of shampoo we now don't trust.

Silly?

Possibly, but you just never can know for certain.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 05:06 PM

I've just read a story published in today's DM about a newspaper in Darwin, Australia, that has included an 8 page supplement, marked up otherwise blank pages, in toilet paper sized squares, so the locals won't go without because there's a shortage of loo paper. You couldn't make it up.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You have 36 rolls in? That many!
I've got 1 pack of 12.
Now I'm worried.
Me too Morty! and I felt guilty about it as I usually buy just a pack of 4 quilted every week. These were definitely not quilted though! I've also bought 2 instead of 1 thick bleach as heard an expert on tv say that bleach is one of the best things to kill the virus on surfaces. I've still donated a couple of purchases to the local food bank though, they will be the ones who won't be able to afford to buy any extras.

No-one knows what is coming down the road. All we can do is hope that it doesn't knock on our doors. I'm really thankful that it may not have much effect on younger people, there are so many in my family, I would be worried sick if that was the case.

As regards HWMO and myself? I put a bottle of Gin on my shopping list last week, as well as tonic water and organic lemons. If things get really bleak we will just have a cuddle and a nice G&T with ice and a slice, and give our two darling pooches an extra cuddle. A couple of those and I'm invincible!!
Every day is precious at our age so will continue to live each day normally and hope for the best that it won't be our turn to fall off the conveyor belt.
I know we are in the group of 'glad I'm not in their position', but there's nothing we can do about it so we're just going to make the best of it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Me too Morty! and I felt guilty about it as I usually buy just a pack of 4 quilted every week. These were definitely not quilted though! I've also bought 2 instead of 1 thick bleach as heard an expert on tv say that bleach is one of the best things to kill the virus on surfaces. I've still donated a couple of purchases to the local food bank though, they will be the ones who won't be able to afford to buy any extras.

No-one knows what is coming down the road. All we can do is hope that it doesn't knock on our doors. I'm really thankful that it may not have much effect on younger people, there are so many in my family, I would be worried sick if that was the case.

As regards HWMO and myself? I put a bottle of Gin on my shopping list last week, as well as tonic water and organic lemons. If things get really bleak we will just have a cuddle and a nice G&T with ice and a slice, and give our two darling pooches an extra cuddle. A couple of those and I'm invincible!!
Every day is precious at our age so will continue to live each day normally and hope for the best that it won't be our turn to fall off the conveyor belt.
I know we are in the group of 'glad I'm not in their position', but there's nothing we can do about it so we're just going to make the best of it.
Life goes on, as they say!

There's also an old saying that states something like 'change what you can change and learn to accept what you cannot change'.

Page 10 of 30 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top