Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 10:32 AM

Re: Near Death Experiences.

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

That prof sounds a bit thick !
...I think not Mark, he only said the bit about 30 seconds , the rest was my musings
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 10:41 AM

They would be dead eventually so how would he know? The person's brain is still alive whilst it is going on so presumeably the person would
I find this whole thing intriguing. My mum 'died' on the operating table but she was resuscitated successfully. She told the surgeon that she was aware of what was going on and he told her it would have been a dreamstate and nothing more - right up until she relayed the conversation he'd been having with someone else in the room!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I find this whole thing intriguing. My mum 'died' on the operating table but she was resuscitated successfully. She told the surgeon that she was aware of what was going on and he told her it would have been a dreamstate and nothing more - right up until she relayed the conversation he'd been having with someone else in the room!
Well apparently the old brain box can remain alive for up to a minute after decapitation that is. So you might be thought 'dead' but not absolutely, especially if someone is manually helping to pump blood around your body, for quite a while .

How long can you live after your head is chopped off?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Well apparently the old brain box can remain alive for up to a minute after decapitation that is. So you might be thought 'dead' but not absolutely, especially if someone is manually helping to pump blood around your body, for quite a while .

How long can you live after your head is chopped off?
I do believe that the medical profession need to rethink this whole brain dead concept. You hear about people sitting up on their trolley in mortuaries! They need to extend the 'waiting' period after death has been pronounced.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 11:11 AM

The problem may be that this existence is a dream of which we are all part, and in real terms 30 seconds is 80 years in dreamland.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I do believe that the medical profession need to rethink this whole brain dead concept. You hear about people sitting up on their trolley in mortuaries! They need to extend the 'waiting' period after death has been pronounced.
Tell that to other faiths.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Tell that to other faiths.
Good point spitfire - being pushed out onto water on a burning pyre

There's too much of a rush to dispose of the dead!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top