Join for free
Page 13 of 30 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:14 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Originally Posted by mart ->
News of inhaler shortages will now cause inhaler shortage panic. At least in UK most of us can't panic buy them ..not unless doctors are willing to prescribe a supermarket trolleyful at a time. That's just the quantity some people would get hold of if they could.
You're kidding - or you live in a very different world from me.

On the web right now these things (and more) can be bought for less than a tenner each from online pharmacies by filling in a short questionnaire, the call it a "consultation" which is supposedly checked by a doctor before shipping them. Yeah, right it is.

On the other hand on the Dark Web right now you can buy them in quantities of 25 for 10000 Rupees (that's about 4 quid each) but with a 5 week delivery and 400 rupee carriage (which is about four quid) and a dollar gets you five they'll have been made on the same line using the same meds as those made for the NHS.

Payment? Simples. Western Union IMO is easiest and best and it can all be done on line.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:24 PM

There's no guarantee you're getting genuine items on any dark web transaction. Luckily most people myself included wouldn't even know how to find it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

On the web right now these things (and more) can be bought for less than a tenner each from online pharmacies by filling in a short questionnaire, the call it a "consultation" which is supposedly checked by a doctor before shipping them. Yeah, right it is.

On the other hand on the Dark Web right now you can buy them in quantities of 25 for 10000 Rupees (that's about 4 quid each) but with a 5 week delivery and 400 rupee carriage (which is about four quid) and a dollar gets you five they'll have been made on the same line using the same meds as those made for the NHS.

Payment? Simples. Western Union IMO is easiest and best and it can all be done on line.
Why do I get the creepy feeling that you sound well practised about all these devious dark doings.
I bet the police would have a field day if they got their hands on your computer.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Yes, of course there will always be ways and means but the last two posts said it all. If you're willing to use drugs bought on the Internet, especially when there's a shortage and the sharks are about, then good luck to you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:55 PM

I had better buy a few boxes of inhalers in that case.... even though I don't need them but it's better to be prepared.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Why do I get the creepy feeling that you sound well practised about all these devious dark doings.
I bet the police would have a field day if they got their hands on your computer.
That really did make me giggle (and take not one iota of offence)

I guess I'm a bit of an enigma if not a contradiction. My professional career was generally normal though I did make changes in what I did progressing from a hands-on (real) engineer to being the technical director of a satellite company in Brazil of a gert big multinational corporation.

In parallel with this my wife and I set up, operated, and sold a number of businesses dealing in anything from bed sheets and towels etc (the first) to anything that made a few quid which is where we are today.

As for the Old Bill getting their hands on my PC --- nah. A bit of TB of course but I'm too old and ugly to leave a cyber trail let alone a paper trail?

Remember where I woz brung up!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-03-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I had better buy a few boxes of inhalers in that case.... even though I don't need them but it's better to be prepared.

Things like that a lot of people do not buy to use --- they buy to sell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 02:09 PM

Things like that a lot of people do not buy to use --- they buy to sell.
I know, I have seen the inflated prices on the internet but I'm not the sort of person to profit out of someone else's misery.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 02:27 PM

Psst! I hear there's going to be a shortage of table mats. Get your 200 while you can.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Apparently they are good for a "panic buying attack"

Page 13 of 30 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top