Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:15 AM

Re: Will put any one-off smoking

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said about this somwhere, a while back Annie.
I had read about 5 deaths in America at the time, though apparently their vaping liquids contain something (I've forgotten the name), that is banned in this country.

Then on todays news it said about the death here now as well.
I don't want to seem a pessimist, but I suspect this is only the beginning.

I stand by what I said before, and that is they cannot know the long term effects of vaping until it has been on the market long term.
Vapers now are their guinea pigs IMO while the companies are raking in the profits!
The problem with Vapes is that it is not controlled. I remember seeing the adverts for Vapes when they first came out and it was always advertised as the solution for smokers to give up smoking and that is how it was for a long time until rival companies started popping up with alternatives because they had realised that Vapes could be refilled so someone decided to put different things into the refill bottles.

Because it was always advertised that the smoke was just harmless vapour, it quickly caught on with the impressionable young generation who saw it as something that was 'cool'. When this happened, the makers of Vapes started putting different things in the refill bottles and it quickly turned into a social thing.

Vaping is harmful to your health but the government appear to be very reluctant to regulate it properly for some reason.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:40 AM

Dodge - It's that favourite word of the government again: TAX. Sod our health, rake the money in.

Anything that you're breathing into to your body that is alien to you cannot be good.

I cannot for the life of me understand how so many people can be so blatantly stupid to believe (by word of mouth mostly) that vaping is a "healthy alternative" to smoking cigarettes. They just do it.

Would they take a pill if somebody told them it was good for them, not knowing what it consisted off? I doubt it! So why inhale these chemical concoctions without any knowledge of what it may be doing to your body? It's beyond me!

And yes, like passive smoking vaping is damaging to others too. My wife always has terrible chest complaints if somebody walks past and blows this stuff at her. It's even worse in a pub or in restaurants who unbelievably do not ban these things.

It's just as disgusting as smoking and looks like it's just as harmful if not not more so.
Time will tell on that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I said about this somwhere, a while back Annie.
I had read about 5 deaths in America at the time, though apparently their vaping liquids contain something (I've forgotten the name), that is banned in this country.

Then on todays news it said about the death here now as well.
I don't want to seem a pessimist, but I suspect this is only the beginning.

I stand by what I said before, and that is they cannot know the long term effects of vaping until it has been on the market long term.
Vapers now are their guinea pigs IMO while the companies are raking in the profits!
It's truly awful that young people (and it's mainly them it's marketed to) are being sold this untested poison as healthier than nicotine. It seems to me it's even worse if people are dying so quickly.

I feel just like Floydy's wife when I breathe the chemicals in. It's like inhaling air freshener. Really artificial and toxic. I hope they act to ban it now that there is hard evidence.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top