Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 12:32 AM

Re: It's Testing Time...

I've just received my new shit kit.
It looks like we've reached the 21st century in blighty at long last. No lolly sticks, just the small plastic stick and container illustrated by Bruce.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 09:45 AM

I always feel sorry for those that work in the hospital department where the completed kits are delivered to for opening.

When they get home, I bet l know the reply they give to the question,
‘and ....what sort of day did you have at work today, darling?’
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always feel sorry for those that work in the hospital department where the completed kits are delivered to for opening.

When they get home, I bet l know the reply they give to the question,
‘and ....what sort of day did you have at work today, darling?’
It doesn't go to a hospital it goes to a pathology lab - well, here at least.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This from the guy telling us he's using a Bowel Cancer Testing kit !!!

Microwaved crap full of fats, saturated falts, water and salt.

Each to their own

Fill yer boots old son
Poor old Realist! Alas his dream of my imminent demise will not come true just yet. My results came back pretty quickly so all is well for a couple more years I guess.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	neg Bowel Cancer.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	10242  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:04 AM

I know this can be a humorous topic, but can I add a serious note.

Only you are involved in obtaining the sample... so no embarrassment.

The people testing the sample have no idea who you are.

That couple of minutes in your bathroom, may save your life or prevent dramatic changes to it...... so lets celebrate the fact that we live in countries that care enough to send these testing kits.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know this can be a humorous topic, but can I add a serious note.

Only you are involved in obtaining the sample... so no embarrassment.

The people testing the sample have no idea who you are.

That couple of minutes in your bathroom, may save your life or prevent dramatic changes to it...... so lets celebrate the fact that we live in countries that care enough to send these testing kits.

Twink, Were you reprimanding me?

Some people are abhorred at having to complete this rather unfortunate test. Some even discard the test at the thought of it. By doing that, they could be putting their life in great danger.
By discussing the test with others in a lighthearted way, it might make other people realise we are all in the same boat and completing the test is no big deal.

The time to worry is when you get a positive result and l would say, that the odds against that are very small, in comparison to the negative results.

Of course, the people at the receiving end don’t know who the test belongs to. In fact, there must be some sort of special equipment involved in the process. But at some point, ie. a postman will be handling the packages.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, Were you reprimanding me?

Some people are abhorred at having to complete this rather unfortunate test. Some even discard the test at the thought of it. By doing that, they could be putting their life in great danger.
By discussing the test with others in a lighthearted way, it might make other people realise we are all in the same boat and completing the test is no big deal.

The time to worry is when you get a positive result and l would say, that the odds against that are very small, in comparison to the negative results.

Of course, the people at the receiving end don’t know who the test belongs to. In fact, there must be some sort of special equipment involved in the process. But at some point, ie. a postman will be handling the packages.
Of course not Art!
Sadly I hear too many people saying...
" I can't be bothered" " I feel ok so why send the test" or " The best place for my poo is down the toilet"

I just wanted to remind people that, if they wait till they have a problem, it may be too late to deal with it...or the treatment could be more aggressive!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Of course not Art!
Sadly I hear too many people saying...
" I can't be bothered" " I feel ok so why send the test" or " The best place for my poo is down the toilet"

I just wanted to remind people that, if they wait till they have a problem, it may be too late to deal with it...or the treatment could be more aggressive!
I would like to echo this. I've just got my results back and they've shown an `abnormal` result. I've got to go for a consultation at the local health centre prior to having a camera stuck up my backside. (Eyes watering already)

If I had ignored the testing kit I wouldn't be any the wiser.

In true Yorkshire fashion, I wonder if I can get a two for one deal and have my prostate checked at the same time? Shame to waste a good photo opportunity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

16-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I would like to echo this. I've just got my results back and they've shown an `abnormal` result. I've got to go for a consultation at the local health centre prior to having a camera stuck up my backside. (Eyes watering already)

In true Yorkshire fashion, I wonder if I can get a two for one deal and have my prostate checked at the same time? Shame to waste a good photo opportunity.
Judd I know you look after yourself & I wish you the very best of luck at your health centre.
I know we tell you that we don't want you on LTP, but we do want you to make a nuisance of your self for many more years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Judd, l have had two separate test results come back ‘Abnormal’. It is so worrying. You have to do another test and wait for a week or so for the result.
I think, my first test came back ‘Abnormal’ because l had been eating black pudding during the test week.
The second time, l don’t know but both second tests were fine.

Re. Your other test at the health centre, couldn’t you request the nurse hold your hand whilst the examination is in progress?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top