Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Re: Accepting Friends

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Do imaginary friends count?
As the first born, I had no real friends for my first two years.

I remember the names of my imaginary friends, though:

Uffa, Box, Zaza, Forks.

The only actual one was Uffa, a chip on the skirting board. The others were only in my mind.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As the first born, I had no real friends for my first two years.

I remember the names of my imaginary friends, though:

Uffa, Box, Zaza, Forks.

The only actual one was Uffa, a chip on the skirting board. The others were only in my mind.

Lol! Love it.
I had "materialistic friends", which were mostly my toys: Casper the Friendly Ghost. He had a really big head and a little body which you pulled away from his really big head on a string. When his head was re-joining his little white body he said things like "Hi! My name is Casper and I'm a friendly ghost" or "Will you play with me?" Hours of endless deep joy for my troubled mind.
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm always arguing with my satNav, she has an Indian accent which is most annoying plus she always wants a discount.
Well I won't be bossed around by mine, i'll decide where i am going lol mine sounds like a very smug Joanna Lumley, do different brands of cars have satnav voices to match the car? sort of if ya buy a Mustang does it greet you with Howdy Partner? or BMW you vill turn left!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Well I won't be bossed around by mine, i'll decide where i am going lol mine sounds like a very smug Joanna Lumley, do different brands of cars have satnav voices to match the car? sort of if ya buy a Mustang does it greet you with Howdy Partner? or BMW you vill turn left!
I got my mother the perfect satnav. It's very informal and gives directions in a way that doesn't stress her out. For example, it might say "In 300 yards, turn left at the roundabout - you know, the one where the chemist used to be, next to the old bakery where you could get those nice scones you liked."

Just kidding!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I got my mother the perfect satnav. It's very informal and gives directions in a way that doesn't stress her out. For example, it might say "In 300 yards, turn left at the roundabout - you know, the one where the chemist used to be, next to the old bakery where you could get those nice scones you liked."

Just kidding!
I liked that Tachyon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 06:51 PM

On my previous forum, I was very lucky to be contacted to go and live on an island somewhere, with a very young man and his mother!

Shucks, l really missed out there!
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->

Just kidding!

, last year i got a puncture and while i was waiting 6hrs for the recovery driver to arrive (the wheels had been fitted without grease so were practically welded on so couldn't remove the wheel) an elderly lady came across the road with a silver tray with cup of tea 2 of the nicest cheese scones i have ever had and some hobnobs it was about a week after i lost my wife and this lady really gave me a boost on a dark day, when i eventually got home i had some flowers delivered to her home as a thankyou.......i did think of pretending to break down there again as the cheese scones were lovely......it shows there are still some lovely people about.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:46 PM

, last year i got a puncture and while i was waiting 6hrs for the recovery driver to arrive (the wheels had been fitted without grease so were practically welded on so couldn't remove the wheel) an elderly lady came across the road with a silver tray with cup of tea 2 of the nicest cheese scones i have ever had and some hobnobs it was about a week after i lost my wife and this lady really gave me a boost on a dark day, when i eventually got home i had some flowers delivered to her home as a thankyou.......i did think of pretending to break down there again as the cheese scones were lovely......it shows there are still some lovely people about.
What a lovely heart-warming story Galloway
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by galloway2019 ->
, last year i got a puncture and while i was waiting 6hrs for the recovery driver to arrive (the wheels had been fitted without grease so were practically welded on so couldn't remove the wheel) an elderly lady came across the road with a silver tray with cup of tea 2 of the nicest cheese scones i have ever had and some hobnobs :-d it was about a week after i lost my wife and this lady really gave me a boost on a dark day, when i eventually got home i had some flowers delivered to her home as a thankyou.......i did think of pretending to break down there again as the cheese scones were lovely......it shows there are still some lovely people about. :-d
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

08-07-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
What a lovely heart-warming story Galloway
Aye she was a lovely lady and i didn't even know her name, i looked at her home on Google Earth street view to find the address for the flowers, Its nice to know that being a 6ft 5" biker didn't frighten her lol big softy under the leather lol.

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top