Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 01:53 AM

Re: Accepting Friends

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I got my mother the perfect satnav. It's very informal and gives directions in a way that doesn't stress her out. For example, it might say "In 300 yards, turn left at the roundabout - you know, the one where the chemist used to be, next to the old bakery where you could get those nice scones you liked."

Just kidding!
Cute.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 06:45 AM

I was once helped by a man when I had a puncture right outside his house....he fixed it for me. I was so grateful because I had my little boy with me he was only a baby at the time....the following day I left a thank you card and a bottle of whisky on his doorstep...I hope he enjoyed it.

As far as friends when we were young are concerned I suppose I was lucky having an older sister but I still remember the pain of my little doll Susan having her hair cut off by my mum...it was before the modern hair that was washable on dolls and it had become dirty and matted....poor Susan
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Though I think I am pretty good judge of character on first impression, I don't think I am a 'judgy' person.
I give everyone a fair go, meaning they have as much chance to impress as piss me off or weird me out...

On here I accept any friend request thingy (few and far between as they are).
I'll take all comers on face value and if I end up having to ditch a few, no biggy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Well I won't be bossed around by mine, i'll decide where i am going lol mine sounds like a very smug Joanna Lumley, do different brands of cars have satnav voices to match the car? sort of if ya buy a Mustang does it greet you with Howdy Partner? or BMW you vill turn left!
If that's true, I must be driving a Tata.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If that's true, I must be driving a Tata.
Longy, I bet you didn’t know? As well as manufacturing Jaguars/ Land Rover.... Tata also manufacture Tetley Tea!

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top