Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 03:48 PM

Re: iPhone 6s question.

That is an interesting link Baz. Thanks.
I tried the ‘Biro’ thing and I gave a squirt of contact cleaner in the headphone port.
When I plug the jack in, I can feel it making a contact with the tip.
So I don’t think it is a problem. I don’t think any music will be put on this phone, so there may not be a need for headphones.
What I am going to do tomorrow, is present it to my friend and we will put in her SIM card and I will phone her. If she is satisfied with it, and the volume is ok Then that’s it.
I have a 12 month warranty on it, so I can send it back anytime.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Re: iPhone 6s question.

That's OK, you are welcome. At least that's half the problem sorted, I also learned about that control which I didn't know before. No need to know as I don't ever use headphones. There do seem to be various problems with the headphone port but with a 12-month guarantee you should be able to get it sorted out whatever happens.

It seems to be more that phones can be stuck in headphone mode than whether or not headphones are used.

Hope the phone proves suitable and is OK for your friend.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top