Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:03 PM

Dentist Fear or No

My husband has been getting rotten toothache lately and went to the dentist today. He had to have the tooth out. The dentist injected him 3 times then went in for the pull only for my husband to go 'ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH' it still wasn't numb enough. She injected him for a fourth time!

I have to admit I did have a chuckle when he was telling me (I'm bad aren;'t I hehe) it was the way he was telling me, he is very comical.

I am petrified of the dentist due a bad experience with a dentist a few years. I do still go but I feel such anxiety and I get myself in a bit of a state.

What happened was I was having a tooth pulled and the female dentist couldn't get it out and after 40 minutes of trying she had to call her male colleague to get it out. By now I was crying and asking her to stop but she said she couldn't because it was half way out. My body went into shock and I was shaking uncontrollably.

In the end the male dentist had to SAW it to get it out. The reason she couldn't get it out was where normal teeth have roots that go straight down into the gum, mine was spread eagle! I make no wonder it was murder for me! He sawed it across then pulled the two roots out one by one. What a bloody relief.

Turns out she hadn't checked my xrays which would have shown her how my teeth were deformed and unlike most teeth (trust me) .

I was going to sue the dentist for the trauma she put me through but never did. I didn't pay for that treatment needless to say.

I'm so glad my husband was with me, he said he saw my whole body shaking, pure shock after that length of time.

NIGHTMARE. I'm surprised I dare go to the dentist at all, I am a quivering wreck but at least I still go.

What are you like with dentists, do you have any nightmare tale to tell?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Re: Dentist Fear or No

No fears with me, had a lot worse than a filling
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My husband has been getting rotten toothache lately and went to the dentist today. He had to have the tooth out. The dentist injected him 3 times then went in for the pull only for my husband to go 'ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH' it still wasn't numb enough. She injected him for a fourth time!

I have to admit I did have a chuckle when he was telling me (I'm bad aren;'t I hehe) it was the way he was telling me, he is very comical.

I am petrified of the dentist due a bad experience with a dentist a few years. I do still go but I feel such anxiety and I get myself in a bit of a state.

What happened was I was having a tooth pulled and the female dentist couldn't get it out and after 40 minutes of trying she had to call her male colleague to get it out. By now I was crying and asking her to stop but she said she couldn't because it was half way out. My body went into shock and I was shaking uncontrollably.

In the end the male dentist had to SAW it to get it out. The reason she couldn't get it out was where normal teeth have roots that go straight down into the gum, mine was spread eagle! I make no wonder it was murder for me! He sawed it across then pulled the two roots out one by one. What a bloody relief.

Turns out she hadn't checked my xrays which would have shown her how my teeth were deformed and unlike most teeth (trust me) .

I was going to sue the dentist for the trauma she put me through but never did. I didn't pay for that treatment needless to say.

I'm so glad my husband was with me, he said he saw my whole body shaking, pure shock after that length of time.

NIGHTMARE. I'm surprised I dare go to the dentist at all, I am a quivering wreck but at least I still go.

What are you like with dentists, do you have any nightmare tale to tell?
My goodness poor you
I would never go to the dentist again !

I had one bad experience when I lived overseas .
As with your husband the injection missed the nerve and I was screaming and crying .
The woman was a children’s dentist and she told me sometimes they had to chase the children around the room !
No wonder I wanted to run away myself !
I never went back but later found a wonderful dentist who was absolutely pain free .
He restored my confidence but I am still a nervy patient !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My goodness poor you
I would never go to the dentist again !

I had one bad experience when I lived overseas .
As with your husband the injection missed the nerve and I was screaming and crying .
The woman was a children’s dentist and she told me sometimes they had to chase the children around the room !
No wonder I wanted to run away myself !
I never went back but later found a wonderful dentist who was absolutely pain free .
He restored my confidence but I am still a nervy patient !
The dentist I was talking about was when we lived in Spain, it was in Antequerra.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:41 PM

LQ I had the same thing happen to me, although the tooth wasn't deformed, but the Female Dentist couldn't get it out, I was agony with her keep pulling it.

I don't go to the Dentist unless I am really in pain, luckily enough I don't seem to have any problems with my teeth, the last time I went to the Dentist was 10 years ago, to have that double tooth out, that is the only tooth missing in my mouth.

Hopefully I will be like my Mum, she had all her own teeth at the age of 95 years old.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

02-10-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
LQ I had the same thing happen to me, although the tooth wasn't deformed, but the Female Dentist couldn't get it out, I was agony with her keep pulling it.

I don't go to the Dentist unless I am really in pain, luckily enough I don't seem to have any problems with my teeth, the last time I went to the Dentist was 10 years ago, to have that double tooth out, that is the only tooth missing in my mouth.

Hopefully I will be like my Mum, she had all her own teeth at the age of 95 years old.
Yes Susie, my dad still has all his own teeth too at 86. Only tonight we were talking about him still having his teeth.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:54 PM

I've never liked dentists since the days of the barbers' chairs, rubber masks, multiple extractions and communal, blood'n'tooth-filled, spittoons .....

I was somewhat mollified in my teens by a dental nurse who grasped my head firmly to her chest .....

I've had the same dentist for many years now and he's prepared to cater for my irrational fears, panic attacks and gag reflex .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 08:56 PM

I go to the dentist and hygienist every six months .
This dentist only does a routine check up ( thank goodness )
Luckily haven’t had any problems for years .( touch wood )

If I had to have something major I would go back to my super dentist even though we don’t live near him any more .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:12 PM

Lion Queen, this is horrible. An awful experience! I would have sued them

I went today for my new pallette to be fitted for a crown replacement. She was excellent and despite the four injections, it all went well. The worst bit was the wearing off of the numbness later on. I've had two Co-codamol and three bottles of real ale tonight to sort that out though!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lion Queen, this is horrible. An awful experience! I would have sued them

I went today for my new pallette to be fitted for a crown replacement. She was excellent and despite the four injections, it all went well. The worst bit was the wearing off of the numbness later on. I've had two Co-codamol and three bottles of real ale tonight to sort that out though!

Is that safe, Floydy - alcohol with pain killers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top