Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 01:45 PM

The last Tory government

Sleep well my friends . . . . we could be in for more of the same.

http://www.bized.co.uk/dataserv/chron/kf80.htm
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Re: The last Tory government

milk stealer gets in-send the troops and sink the Belgrano.

See off that idiot Scargill but forget it was personal and screw industry for bankers.

Never lose but fade away for a rather nice chap who didn`t have a clue but did spend time watching cricket.

Then swap leadership for a dream??-dreams can become nightmare
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Sleep well my friends . . . . we could be in for more of the same.

http://www.bized.co.uk/dataserv/chron/kf80.htm
Nero, there comes a time in every parliament when the electorate say enough is enough.

The years from 1960's to 1979 were years of changes.

Rhodesia, Devaluation of the pound, Northern Ireland's troubles, Joining the EC, 3 day week, HSE act, Referendum, North sea oil, Cod wars, Winter of discontent, Scottish and Welsh devolution refused etc. Some good some bad and all with Tory or Labour governments.

They did bring freedom from war time restrictions which most of the electorate loved.

1979 brought the electorate to say we have had enough of change lets have a stable government, hence Maggie.

1997 the tables turned and the electorate said lets have a change, hence Blair/Brown to the present day.

Both of these brought some stability to government under Tory and Labour.

Both brought good and bad things.

Whoever is in power you can pick out the good and the bad. What is good for one is bad for another.

I for one found that under the Tory's I became better off. Simple because of my forward planning for retirement. The interest rates paid me very handsomely (900+% and 875%) on my investments, whilst for others they created hardships.
Under Labour I have noticed that things for me have got worse whilst for other they may have improved.

I does depend on you lifestyle and needs wether you benefit or lose under any government.

Now we the electorate are saying, is stability right, the people dont seem to be able to make up their minds, hence the polls showing indiffering views.

My views are that I have had enough of Nu-Labour and their broken promises even though they conned me into voting for them three times.

I am not really in favour of anyones policies at the moment they are all ( IMO ) bad for the country.

Impossible no win situstion for any party.

Where do we go from here?

I think that there should be some sort of questionaire as to what the people want, that is if they know what they want. But again this is not plausible.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Nero, there comes a time in every parliament when the electorate say enough is enough.

The years from 1960's to 1979 were years of changes.

Rhodesia, Devaluation of the pound, Northern Ireland's troubles, Joining the EC, 3 day week, HSE act, Referendum, North sea oil, Cod wars, Winter of discontent, Scottish and Welsh devolution refused etc. Some good some bad and all with Tory or Labour governments.

They did bring freedom from war time restrictions which most of the electorate loved.

1979 brought the electorate to say we have had enough of change lets have a stable government, hence Maggie.

1997 the tables turned and the electorate said lets have a change, hence Blair/Brown to the present day.

Both of these brought some stability to government under Tory and Labour.

Both brought good and bad things.

Whoever is in power you can pick out the good and the bad. What is good for one is bad for another.

I for one found that under the Tory's I became better off. Simple because of my forward planning for retirement. The interest rates paid me very handsomely (900+% and 875%) on my investments, whilst for others they created hardships.
Under Labour I have noticed that things for me have got worse whilst for other they may have improved.

I does depend on you lifestyle and needs wether you benefit or lose under any government.

Now we the electorate are saying, is stability right, the people dont seem to be able to make up their minds, hence the polls showing indiffering views.

My views are that I have had enough of Nu-Labour and their broken promises even though they conned me into voting for them three times.

I am not really in favour of anyones policies at the moment they are all ( IMO ) bad for the country.

Impossible no win situstion for any party.

Where do we go from here?

I think that there should be some sort of questionaire as to what the people want, that is if they know what they want. But again this is not plausible.
Labour needs a new leader . . I'm the first to admit that Gordon is a hopeless statesman . . he lacks the ability to get on with people, but who could take over ? . . . the rest of them are total numpties . . Gordon was the only option TB had when he quit.

The Tories will always be the same . . . look after the uppers and sod the peasants . . . all that "we care for everyone" is just to get votes IMO . . . in Scotland we've known this for decades . . . we can see through them . . this time however, I wonder if they'll get an MP voted in up here ?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Labour needs a new leader . . I'm the first to admit that Gordon is a hopeless statesman . . he lacks the ability to get on with people, but who could take over ? . . . the rest of them are total numpties . . Gordon was the only option TB had when he quit.

The Tories will always be the same . . . look after the uppers and sod the peasants . . . all that "we care for everyone" is just to get votes IMO . . . in Scotland we've known this for decades . . . we can see through them . . this time however, I wonder if they'll get an MP voted in up here ?
The only reason why GB was the only person was because GB and his bully boys would not let anyone stand against him. There were plenty willing to stand. GB developed his own cabinet of yes men and went from there.
The Tory,s have always been for the business people, they know that they have the money to pay for things and create new jobs. I know they dont always do that but they could.
Dont all MP's just say things to get votes?
I honestly do not know the answer but I do know that Alex has some good ideas that they dont have in London.

Maybe the future will bring a real change in parliament and there will be no party line just a group of dedicated people who want this country to be the best in the world.
I wont hold my breath though.
nero
Central Scotland

03-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Maybe the future will bring a real change in parliament and there will be no party line just a group of dedicated people who want this country to be the best in the world.
I wont hold my breath though.
Now that would be a move in the right direction AB . . . sod party policies . . they've always been dogmatic . . . . . as for Alex and the SNP, if they ever do get a majority in Scotland and we get total independence I would be very careful who I voted for because the party is full of half wits hanging onto Alex's coat tails.

Alex is not up for election to Westminster BTW . . . however, he said last night he will remain in politics until Scotland is free.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

03-05-2010, 01:34 PM

(Alex is not up for election to Westminster BTW . . . however, he said last night he will remain in politics until Scotland is free.)

It will be a good trick if he can pull it off but I wonder how will he do that from the grave?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2010, 02:52 PM

I wonder if this coming election might be known in years to come as `the one to lose?`

No matter the result we are in for some hard times.
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 09:11 AM

I wish I was young enough to emigrate to Australia, pros and cons I know, but I like the laid back life style they have, I could do with some of that instead of the me me me attitude we Brits have develope.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 09:06 AM

I don't think Gordon Brown will last much longer! Bet he is put out to roost before long!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top