Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:00 AM

How to stay young. BBC1

It was on last night - did anybody watch it?

Did you see how easily Angela Rippon did the sitting/standing test - she is one fit lady.
I expect there will be a surge of people buying Inulin powder now as Angela was seen sprinkling it over her food. This is to prevent/cure fat gathering round the heart.

AND - what about the nuts? I knew that already and each day Tony & I eat a handful of wallnuts.

Oh and dancing is better exercise than the gym so get your dancing shoes on...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:06 AM

Re: How to stay young. BBC1

Originally Posted by carol ->
It was on last night - did anybody watch it?

Did you see how easily Angela Rippon did the sitting/standing test - she is one fit lady.
I expect there will be a surge of people buying Inulin powder now as Angela was seen sprinkling it over her food. This is to prevent/cure fat gathering round the heart.

AND - what about the nuts? I knew that already and each day Tony & I eat a handful of wallnuts.

Oh and dancing is better exercise than the gym so get your dancing shoes on...

I didn't watch the programme Carol .... I was out dancing
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:09 AM

I intended to watch it later Carol I eat a handful of nuts every day almonds,2 brazils and some walnuts . I wish they weren't so expensive.

I wouldn't buy Inulin, it occurs naturally in some foods including onions, garlic and leeks some of which I eat every day. I don't like processed supplements much preferring the whole food .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:42 AM

Hi there, didn't watch the programme but was going to. Only thing is it clashes with the great programme Line of Duty on BBC2.
Glad you mentioned nuts. I too take about 6 Almonds and 6 Brazil
nuts everyday. I have noticed with the VitD2 tablets as well my brain feels a lot better. I do keep fit by walking a lot as I don't own a car.
So hope I am doing things correctly apart from the wine which I wont
give up I can still run for a bus and I am nearly 70.
p.s. Hope your hubby is OK Carol. I just learned my school friend who have known since we were 5 is having to look after her husband too with this illness. Shame and very cruel disease. Take care.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I didn't watch the programme Carol .... I was out dancing

Our Myrtle will out live us all with her dancing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
p.s. Hope your hubby is OK Carol. I just learned my school friend who have known since we were 5 is having to look after her husband too with this illness. Shame and very cruel disease.
He's not too bad at the moment thanks BowieEyes. His sense of direction isn't what it used to be though!!

I shall be avidly watching this programme next week as they are going to talk about preserving ones memory!

If there's any food/supplement they recommend I shall be shovelling it down Tony!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:02 AM

He's not too bad at the moment thanks BowieEyes. His sense of direction isn't what it used to be though!!

I shall be avidly watching this programme next week as they are going to talk about preserving ones memory!

If there's any food/supplement they recommend I shall be shovelling it down Tony!!

.... If you remember

Seriously though, I didn't realise it was on again, I just thought it was a one-off.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 10:37 AM

I too will be watching next week...

OH now has B12 and vit D and he does seem a lot better lately.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:27 AM

I was watching 'Line of Duty' instead. More strange programming by the BBC. We don't all have Sky+.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 11:35 AM

A great way of staying young is certainly not watching TV 'til the middle of the night or early morning.
Remember the wise old adage....
'Early to bed and early to rise makes a man Healthy Wealthy and Wise'
It certainly works for me !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top