Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:29 AM

Re: Happy Tuesday Folk.

Mornin' all. Nice summery pic Alan.

Bloomin' raining here and I'm supposed to be having new windows put in.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Morning all.

Lots of running around today. Dropping a letter off to the Gp, paying in the allotment banking, to Shurguard to pay my first invoice and register with them, and buy half a dozen storage boxes from them. My pleas on social media haven't brought any response, and someone advertised a few on Freecycle, but even they've not answered me! Seems I'm doomed to pay out money for mine, rather than getting freebies. Oh well, judging by the size of the storage under the bed, I can keep them for future use.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:09 AM

My computer is physically falling apart so I've got a man coming in tomorrow to see if he can mend it. I doing this on my spare laptop.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My computer is physically falling apart so I've got a man coming in tomorrow to see if he can mend it. I doing this on my spare laptop.
You seem to have an unfair share of computer problems Alan, if it carries on at this rate you will soon have to charge your repair man for board and lodgings....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:41 AM

It's broken at the hinge, just like my previous computer. I guess it must be a design fault.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:50 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope you have a lovely day.
I cant use a laptop and love my zoostorm pc and my
flat screen. Couldn't sit with a laptop. Haven't got room
as I normally have one of my cats on my knee when I
sit down.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Hey, Alan.. I really admire your dedication to your gardening. Here in Miami whenever we dig a hole to plant a tree, we immediate hit coral rock. So out comes the pick and the shovel. Back breaking..

How do you deal with the diggng in your part of the world ?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:31 AM

Hello everyone Have a great day
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

12-04-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Hey, Alan.. I really admire your dedication to your gardening. Here in Miami whenever we dig a hole to plant a tree, we immediate hit coral rock. So out comes the pick and the shovel. Back breaking..

How do you deal with the diggng in your part of the world ?
Well I'm not gardening today Painter as everywhere is wet through after last night's rain. How do we deal with the digging ? After some 45 years of cultivating my garden the topsoil is pretty good and easy to dig providing it's not too wet. The subsoil is pink clay and retains the water so after rain my garden is quite boggy. When I first moved in this house I used to double dig it but I haven't done that for a long time now as it's very hard work. No rock around here.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Well I'm not gardening today Painter as everywhere is wet through after last night's rain. How do we deal with the digging ? After some 45 years of cultivating my garden the topsoil is pretty good and easy to dig providing it's not too wet. The subsoil is pink clay and retains the water so after rain my garden is quite boggy. When I first moved in this house I used to double dig it but I haven't done that for a long time now as it's very hard work. No rock around here.
You are a man of all seasons. Keep up the good work !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top