Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Arab Revolt Flag

This evening, as we were going out to do our weekly shop, two cars over-took us, in a quite dangerous manner I might add, then shot-off at speed up towards the centre of Milton Keynes.

Both had a full compliment of young lads - young Arab-looking lads.

Nothing much to be bothered about you might say, except for one thing - both cars had the Arab Revolt Flag flying from the windows, much as our football Supporters were doing with England Flags.

This week I've seen this flag on cars several times and, as I said to my wife, I know that flag from somewhere.

Anyone else seen this lately?

I wonder what it means, here, in the UK.

Is it support for the Palestinians and, if so, why here, in Milton Keynes? stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 09:22 PM

Re: Arab Revolt Flag

Haven't seen it here, I think our population are bit tired at this point it's been a long Ramadan in hot weather so they are less likely to be dashing around any where.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 06:47 PM

This must be just this area for some bizarre reason as I've seen FOUR more cars festooned with these flags locally!

I've got a friend locally, (we worked together for a while), and he said that there is a rising tide of support for Arab countries under duress in the UK.

He's Syrian and told me that he's embarrassed at this happening in the UK.

I feel that as far as I'm concerned, it's justified and he / they have friends here.

Am I in the wrong to say this? stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 09:14 PM

I am not sure really, I have friends on both sides of the Israel/Palestine conflict I therefore cannot take sides. Luckily they both know and like each other they agreed a long time ago not to talk about the situation. It's too easy to pick a side in these conflicts only to discover it's the wrong one eventually.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top