Join for free
Page 37 of 39 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 03:57 PM

Re: Diana, Princess of Wales

Stay strong ladies!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 04:45 PM

What bemuses me ladies, is why so many strong and 'together' women, can feel such loyalty and admiration for such a simpering spiteful and self obsessed little madam?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Because as I am sure we have said we don't see her that way. Damaged by life and her marriage definitely.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
What bemuses me ladies, is why so many strong and 'together' women, can feel such loyalty and admiration for such a simpering spiteful and self obsessed little madam?
You're coming across a bit that way yourself, don't you ever tire of condemning a deceased lady .......?
BTW - I 'am' ignoring this thread, think we've said it all ...
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 05:17 PM

You cannot honestly believe that this was the first time her behaviour both during and after the marriage was cause for embarrassment. Personally, when she arrived at the Cathedral in that ridiculous infantile (reminded me of the pictures six year olds draw when asked to draw a princess) dress, my first thought was 'that is hideous' my second was that she was obviously incredibably immature and probably emotionally retarded, and was going to be trouble with a capital T, and of course subsequent events proved that she was.
Oh dear, what an unpleasant post First of all, you are forgeting how many times her then husband embarrassed her and everyone else ??

Secondly, you must be in the minority because her dress was appropriate for the time, for marrying in the Royal Family, for her age, for her style, and which by the way, was not chosen just by her (I am sure selection had to be approved) and was loved by many, many people all over the world watched the Royal Wedding and loved what they saw! I think she looked great in that dress and she looked like a Royal Princess.

Too bad Prince Charles, her then husband, did not treat her as a wife should be treated.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Another unpleasant post, insulting really So does this mean you are the only true strong and "together" woman that knows best ??

yes, Diana had her faults, like we all do, but she also had qualities that everyone admired.

Try being married to a man that cheats on you, before your wedding and during, had a mistress the whole world knew about and then tell me how you would feel
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 05:39 PM

I never really thought much of Diana, she knew Charles had to marry a 'tidy' girl rather than perhaps a woman of his own age who'd been around a bit so I think she had an inkling he didn't really love her but she did it anyway.
Having said that how can anyone be happy with a man who can't remove the top from his boiled egg?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:46 PM

They're both aristocrats, in fact before she married Diana was higher up the aristocratic hierarchy than Charlie the turd.

Many of the European countries had the right idea and managed to dispense with their aristocracy - its about time we did the same!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 08:57 PM

I really don't believe that the general public will ever know the truth about this.

I honestly think that it's far beyond anything anyone could possibly make up and also far beyond whatever Mohammed Al-Fayed's dreamed up in his own mind.

To me this is like JFK - someone, somewhere knows the real reasons - the real participants - the real, anticipate outcome but it'll never, EVER be made public and that refers to both JFK and Diana in as much as both cases, in ways we will never know, threatened the State and I truly believe that. stevmk2
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->

yes, Diana had her faults, like we all do, but she also had qualities that everyone admired.
Not everyone!

Page 37 of 39 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 39 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top