Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 04:49 AM

Not a good start to the day

Hi

Liverpool Airport has that certain nothing at midnight, especially when it is chilly.

Found my car, fairly good at that, started it up, on comes the light, deflate detect, so a flat tyre.

Luckily I have a very good 12v pump, so after checking all the tyres and pumping up the flat one, a slow puncture, down to 21 from 35, off we go.

They are doing major roadworks not far away, a bit of a pain going to the Airport, but this was my first time going from the Airport since they altered them.

There is a big diversion due to them building a new bridge, takes you completely off track, through an industrial estate etc, four miles later I find myself travelling back towards the Airport.

I was not the only one, there was a few, turned round went back towards The Bridge, you need to get across it to get to the Motorways.

Faithfully followed the diversion signs again and guess what, yes, back on the road to the Airport.

By now there was quite a little convoy of us doing the circular tour of the dowdier parts of Widnes.

Turned around again, it is a few miles and headed back.

Being an observant sort of bloke, I had noticed a few taxis driving off to the left at one point on my two previous circular tours, follow the taxis is always good advice, so determined to take a left when I arrived back at that point.

No need, it was signposted clearly, the problem was that the first two times round some idiot had parked a van right across the signs, blocking them completely.

Hurray, off we go, over The Bridge and bingo, the next set of roadworks, which I knew about, but it was completely snarled for some reason.

Ten minutes kicking my heels, arrived home an hour later than normal.

Home Sweet Home, got to the door, no light came on, no electric.

Great, but being a Boy Scout in my younger days, always prepared.

Big Torch, into the utility, the board had tripped, flipped it back on and it tripped again.

Process of elimination, turn all the circuits off and put back on one by one.

Great, it is the heating system.

Traced that back to the fancy control panel, it is a computer controlled heat pump.

It was showing high pressure, turns everything off to prevent serious damage.

The plumbers from the Insurance had partially drained the system and not turned the vales back on properly, the huge tank in the garage was full of air, not water.

Got that working again, but only downstairs, massive airlock some where upstairs so that panel is still turned off.

Been travelling for hours, had planned to get home and get cleaned up and my head down for 3 hours before setting off to collect my guests who are arriving this morning.

I am cold, very tired, somewhat annoyed and no way I can get any sleep,it will be another hour before I can get enough hot water to get cleaned up.

I was quite looking forward to getting home, the last few days have been a nightmare.

The best laid plans etc etc
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 05:44 AM

Re: Not a good start to the day

A tale of woe indeed, talk about circumstances ganging up on you.... here's hoping your day improves Swimmy.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:34 AM

Hurricane Swimmy has arrived, hide folks.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Hurricane Swimmy has arrived, hide folks.
Hi

That gave me a laugh Nom.

The great thing about this site is that you can have a whinge,

get over it, and someone always cheers you up.

Sat down now, coffee and a fag, plonking away on the keyboard and de stressing nicely.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Oh you poor thing, hope today is a better day for you
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:12 AM

Hi Walking Disaster!

swimmy, Always remember, things can only better...can't they?!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:16 AM

Hope things get better Swim
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

24-05-2016, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Walking Disaster!

swimmy, Always remember, things can only better...can't they?!
Hi

Thanks for those cheering words Art.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfortunately, in my case, that is a train coming at me head on.

I can't find my UK SIM for my phone. AArgh.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 07:39 AM

Oh dear, hope your freezer didn't defrost too!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2016, 08:21 AM

Today, 04:49 AM
Hi Gibbs look at the time of your post frustrations are harder to cope with when you are tired.

Never mind the devastation called your house, at least the sun is shining and you can enjoy your lovely garden

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top