Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:04 PM

Re: The Blame Game

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Then it certainly makes sense to use the findings from covid 19.
The flu returns every year, in a different but also very similar, strain. The flu jab contains a mix of vaccins for the strains of flu expected (!) to arrive that year.
Covid is probably to return every year, therefore I named it covid-20 in my previous post.
Are you using 'Tarot Cards' to forecast what will happen next year Solasch? Or is it just a 'Best Guess' scenario?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are you using 'Tarot Cards' to forecast what will happen next year Solasch? Or is it just a 'Best Guess' scenario?
On the general characteristics of coronavirusses OGF. Their similarity to virusses from the same family. The human coronaviruses*HCoV-OC43,*HCoV-HKU1,*HCoV-229E, and*HCoV-NL63*continually circulate in the human population and produce the generally mild symptoms of the*common cold*in adults and children worldwide.[83]*These coronaviruses cause about 15% of common colds,[84]*while 40 to 50% of colds are caused by*rhinoviruses.[85]*The four mild coronaviruses have a seasonal incidence occurring in the winter months in*temperate climates.[86][87]*There is no preponderance in any season in*tropical climates.[88]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus#:~:text=Six species of human coronaviruses,of human coronaviruses altogether.

In general there is nothing against taking knowledge from previous experiences to be better prepared in the future. And be a step ahead of a new epidemic. So even if covid does not return, you can bet something like sars, mers etc will come along.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:18 AM

Hi

Covid is not going to disappear.

It is a new virus which is now embedded in the population.

It will mutate, it already is.

The unknown is which form the mutations will take, more dangerous or less dangerous to humans.

It may well be that we need a new vaccine every year.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Covid is not going to disappear.

It is a new virus which is now embedded in the population.

It will mutate, it already is.

The unknown is which form the mutations will take, more dangerous or less dangerous to humans.

It may well be that we need a new vaccine every year.
All true.

A virus is, as the famous Nobel Laureate immunologist Sir Peter Medawar once famously said, "bad news wrapped up in protein".
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 07:02 AM

I am amazed at how many eminent scientists we have on this forum, and they all have a methods for dealing with Covid 19!

I read a report that this virus could only attack bats & the Chinese scientists had experimented with it to see if they could change it , so it attacked humans. Over recent years there have been a number of viruses that have mutated & can now attack humans. Remember the swine flu & the bird flu, to name just two!

The CCP are wanting more power, so we must consider whether they are involved with creating these new viruses. What better way than to make the world afraid of the viruses & reduce the economies of many strong countries?

Perhaps we should challenge China & take their scientists for questioning, but wouldn't that create WW3?

It may sound ridiculous, but countries who already have control over their people, like the Middle East, China & even North Korea, may be planning to control the world. After all, N. Korea have shown they are very interested in nuclear missiles & Muslims have made it clear that the whole world should be Islamic. Together they could possibly become an unbeatable force

I don't know for sure, if this is happening, but I do know that arguing about our government not handling this virus as well as others, is trivia when we don't yet know how this virus was created!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am amazed at how many eminent scientists we have on this forum, and they all have a methods for dealing with Covid 19!

I read a report that this virus could only attack bats & the Chinese scientists had experimented with it to see if they could change it , so it attacked humans. Over recent years there have been a number of viruses that have mutated & can now attack humans. Remember the swine flu & the bird flu, to name just two!

The CCP are wanting more power, so we must consider whether they are involved with creating these new viruses. What better way than to make the world afraid of the viruses & reduce the economies of many strong countries?

Perhaps we should challenge China & take their scientists for questioning, but wouldn't that create WW3?

It may sound ridiculous, but countries who already have control over their people, like the Middle East, China & even North Korea, may be planning to control the world. After all, N. Korea have shown they are very interested in nuclear missiles & Muslims have made it clear that the whole world should be Islamic. Together they could possibly become an unbeatable force

I don't know for sure, if this is happening, but I do know that arguing about our government not handling this virus as well as others, is trivia when we don't yet know how this virus was created!
Perhaps you should start a thread about your concerns .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Perhaps you should start a thread about your concerns .....
I am not sure most people would have read the report, and I don't know what the link is as I just read it on Microsoft news a few weeks ago.
It is worrying though, as many communist countries are wanting to gain more power & , if they all work together using armies that will always do as they are told, it could destroy the freedom that western people have lived with for so long.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am not sure most people would have read the report, and I don't know what the link is as I just read it on Microsoft news a few weeks ago.
It is worrying though, as many communist countries are wanting to gain more power & , if they all work together using armies that will always do as they are told, it could destroy the freedom that western people have lived with for so long.
Freedom? At least you can call a spade in Russia but in any case Russia is certainly NOT a communist country.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 12:00 PM

Perhaps we should challenge China & take their scientists for questioning, but wouldn't that create WW3?.
You have GOT to be joking! China could swat us like a fly! Same with the latest aircraft carrier. That could be vaporised in less than a second, literally.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-07-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You have GOT to be joking! China could swat us like a fly! Same with the latest aircraft carrier. That could be vaporised in less than a second, literally.
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Freedom? At least you can call a spade in Russia but in any case Russia is certainly NOT a communist country.
Russia may not call itself Communist, but it still strongly controls it's people, so they have very little freedom.

As for China, their government would rather let it's people die, than attempt to change it's communist rules.

If you think those countries are better than the UK, go and live there... but make sure you don't live too close to their scientific research labs!

You and I are never likely to agree, because I feel your opinions are too polarised!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top