Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 12:20 AM

Re: Your teenage years

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Heavies or Hairies followed after the Hippy Era, into heavy bands and Prog Rock lots of long hair, denim, trainers. So Floyd, Zeppelin, Who, Free, King Crimson, Gong, Atomic Rooster etc.
Two very well known rock venues in the 70's in Cardiff

Loved all of the above and still do
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 01:15 PM

I was never a mod or rocker or anything very exciting - I had a very strict Dad. I'd probably have never got out the front door if I had dressed like some of the others.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was never a mod or rocker or anything very exciting - I had a very strict Dad. I'd probably have never got out the front door if I had dressed like some of the others.
Hey Mups, it is not all about clothes. It is about your teenage years, and what we all did for fun. You must have had fun.

I am saving mine. As it will only start something naughty.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 02:55 PM

My dad was strict too Mups but he knew the bouncer in one of the club's. I couldn't wear makeup until I was 18.

I always complained he was a Victorian dad. His reply you will thank me one day.

On reflection he was probably right.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 03:12 PM

My Dad was strict too but I had a big maxi coat which covered all my mini skirts!!

I remember one time my best friend and I went to a disco and her dad was supposed to be picking us up in his car. We met two boys who said they would bring us home instead. She rang her dad and told him but we had no phone in our house.

My dad was really strict on the time I had to be home. The car broke down and we got back to my friends about an hour and a half late and to my horror my dad stepped out of the shadows, grabbed me by my long hair and marched me home dragging me by the hair. It was awful and probably a quarter of a mile walk. I was lucky I wasn't scalped.
Goldielocks
Spain

22-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
My Dad was strict too but I had a big maxi coat which covered all my mini skirts!!

I remember one time my best friend and I went to a disco and her dad was supposed to be picking us up in his car. We met two boys who said they would bring us home instead. She rang her dad and told him but we had no phone in our house.

My dad was really strict on the time I had to be home. The car broke down and we got back to my friends about an hour and a half late and to my horror my dad stepped out of the shadows, grabbed me by my long hair and marched me home dragging me by the hair. It was awful and probably a quarter of a mile walk. I was lucky I wasn't scalped.
Minis and Maxi coat with Platform Boots.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 06:45 PM

Teenage years?-youth club,dicso anywhere to get out of the house. The leather jacket turned hippy. Got into a scrap or two with skin heads and smoked a lot of herbal mixture.

I was not a happy bunny-Lord knows how after two attempts to get some A levels,then University through clearing I ended up with a PhD
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Teenage years?-youth club,dicso anywhere to get out of the house. The leather jacket turned hippy. Got into a scrap or two with skin heads and smoked a lot of herbal mixture.

I was not a happy bunny-Lord knows how after two attempts to get some A levels,then University through clearing I ended up with a PhD
OH HO Brains and b ...... not going threre

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top