Join for free
Page 328 of 370 « First < 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

That was an excellent post, Floydy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:54 PM

Sorry guys I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.....
I was replying mainly to Floydy and Surfermom's inquiry about surgery to my bunion.
There is not the slightest possibility that I will ever give up running...

Surfermom said that her friend had surgery on her bunion and was now continuing to run into her fifties....My answer to that was thus:-

(1) Recovery of a fifty year old would be faster and more efficient than in a (almost) seventy year old.

(2) Bunion operations have a long recovery time.....especially in a seventy year old with previous heart problems. Returning to running from such a procedure in later life would be doubtful at best, nigh impossible at worst. Bear in mind I was in my fifties when I had my heart attack, and recovery was swift.

(3) An examination of my toe joint by a doctor or x-ray has not been done, Yet, therefore it could be any one of three things....Bunion - Gout (history of high levels of uric acid) Arthritis, or other....

(4) Under normal conditions and after suffering with an enlarged big toe joint for over twenty years. It is possible, and probable, that this present bout of inflammation and pain will subside without the need for surgery.

(5) It is inconceivable to me that I shall never be able to run at some level....

(6) Therefore finding alternatives to running are just preposterous and have never entered my head....

(7) When fifty year old athletes reach seventy, they might look at life from a totally different perspective......

(8) Surfermon and Floydy, you are two of my bestest friends on this forum and I hope you accept what I have just wrote in the spirit in which it was intended.....Tongue in cheek, and I appreciate your support and advice....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
(8) Surfermon and Floydy, you are two of my bestest friends on this forum and I hope you accept what I have just wrote in the spirit in which it was intended.....Tongue in cheek, and I appreciate your support and advice....
Absolutely! This discussion is so, so important given the nature of the forum and the fact that we all are aging in the exact same direction ..

You are leading by example, OGF, and we are all learning from you. I for one, appreciate your candor and hope that likewise, that you take all of my "sage " advice with the "what if" grain of salt that it deserves.

The big question is: What are your plans to deal with your toe? (Nudge, nudge)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Very well explained, Bob. I admire your integrity and (in the words of Neil Young) long may you run!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 10:58 AM

Thanks for your understanding Floydy and Surfermom....I'll never be too old to learn off fellow athletes, but one of the more ugly faces of getting older is the groove (rut) that one sometimes finds oneself in....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Thought of Floydy today, I had cause to go to the house that Dorian Yates used to live in. I was behind him at our then local Chinese Takeaway (Dorian not Floydy) about 25 years ago, he was chunky then!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Thought of Floydy today, I had cause to go to the house that Dorian Yates used to live in. I was behind him at our then local Chinese Takeaway (Dorian not Floydy) about 25 years ago, he was chunky then!
He was a monster in the late 80's-early 90's, Spitty.
One of my true 'heroes' when I was into my bodybuilding. I used to look at his programmes in intricate detail and work my way up the scale almost matching his workouts. Like Arnie before him, he was the man in the bodybuilding scene

What were you doing at his house?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 06:54 PM

I was making a delivery there, he was a Patient of a Doctor the Wife used to work for.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-10-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
For a minute there I thought Spitty was going to post his exercise routine for the day......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-10-2019, 11:59 AM

After a four mile big toe tester on Tuesday, after which the joint swelled up and appeared aggravated (same as me!) I decided to turn out for my Thursday five this morning anyway, and I can report that it went without incident, and thus far, with the help of a ibuprofen, I shall accompany Mrs Fox on her late morning walk....
Good news innit.....

Page 328 of 370 « First < 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top