Join for free
Page 339 of 370 « First < 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:47 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Floydy, instead of running down people on here and others who don’t do a lot of exercise, please take into consideration their age and their general health. Being debilitated yourself for a couple of months, you should realise what it is like. Fortunately you have recovered but others are not so lucky.
Most of my post was about congratulating Carol, Mags. Hopefully that would keep her motivation up.
Nobody is incaple of doing a little exercise even if it's just a walk. You surely cannot argue that looking after our health is the most important thing in our lives, it starts with exercise and a sensible diet.
Good morning to you too!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Most of my post was about congratulating Carol, Mags. Hopefully that would keep her motivation up.
Thanks for the encouragement Floydy. I'm certainly going to try & keep it up.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
thanks for the encouragement floydy. I'm certainly going to try & keep it up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nobody is incaple of doing a little exercise even if it's just a walk. You surely cannot argue that looking after our health is the most important thing in our lives, it starts with exercise and a sensible diet.
Good morning to you too!!
I am not arguing with you Floydy, just making you aware that many older people are unable to exercise as such.

Good afternoon to you too!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-12-2019, 05:15 PM

Women are always right.
But many older people exercise too, Mags. Each to.....etc
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 09:38 AM

It's good to exercise if you can.

My local leisure centre does a 'chair exercise' class and it's very popular.

When I was coming from swimming one day I saw them queuing to go in. They all looked over 70 yrs old and some didn't look in good condition for standing exercise.

There's something for everyone really - unless you're in great pain of course.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's good to exercise if you can.

My local leisure centre does a 'chair exercise' class and it's very popular.

When I was coming from swimming one day I saw them queuing to go in. They all looked over 70 yrs old and some didn't look in good condition for standing exercise.

There's something for everyone really - unless you're in great pain of course.
That reminds me of one of my close friends, she has ataxia, which is very similar to Multiple Sclerosis and she is losing the ability to walk as her illness affects her balance badly. She has recently been going to a class for people like herself and its Zumba with a difference, it's movements sat down in a chair. She loves it as she was beginning to feel pretty useless, it's opened up a whole new world to her which is wonderful.

I'm trying to encourage her to come swimming with me but she hasn't braved that yet, I'll keep trying although I do understand she finds it so difficult and exhausting to simply dress and undress.

When I think about it, I'm so, so privileged to still be able to walk and carry out other exercises. On that note I am going to go swimming tonight, thank you Carol for getting me off my butt!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
That reminds me of one of my close friends, she has ataxia, which is very similar to Multiple Sclerosis and she is losing the ability to walk as her illness affects her balance badly. She has recently been going to a class for people like herself and its Zumba with a difference, it's movements sat down in a chair. She loves it as she was beginning to feel pretty useless, it's opened up a whole new world to her which is wonderful.

I'm trying to encourage her to come swimming with me but she hasn't braved that yet, I'll keep trying although I do understand she finds it so difficult and exhausting to simply dress and undress.

When I think about it, I'm so, so privileged to still be able to walk and carry out other exercises. On that note I am going to go swimming tonight, thank you Carol for getting me off my butt!
That's so true Lion Queen, I'm so grateful for still being able to run every other day, some things we take for granted and only realise how lucky we were when we can't do them anymore...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 04:04 PM

Hi, everyone. My grandmother, a single mother who reared my dad as a single mom when her husband abandoned them during the height of the depression, was a phenomenal woman. More than once, she told me that keeping one's health, home, and finances squared to weather almost any storm.

Well, she was right. For the sake of her privacy, I won't elaborate much but to say that my dear friend is dying of cancer and has her daughter now living with me. As you can imagine, I am privileged to be able to help as I can, but I have been unable to post for some time with my plate overflowing. I am still running and don't know what I would do without that escape every day! I am so happy to read that so many of you are doing well and exercising!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, everyone. My grandmother, a single mother who reared my dad as a single mom when her husband abandoned them during the height of the depression, was a phenomenal woman. More than once, she told me that keeping one's health, home, and finances squared to weather almost any storm.

Well, she was right. For the sake of her privacy, I won't elaborate much but to say that my dear friend is dying of cancer and has her daughter now living with me. As you can imagine, I am privileged to be able to help as I can, but I have been unable to post for some time with my plate overflowing. I am still running and don't know what I would do without that escape every day! I am so happy to read that so many of you are doing well and exercising!
Thanks for looking in Surfermom, and after following your situation for some time I almost expected the outcome, and had one of my parents survived the loss of the other I would have done exactly the same. Unfortunately, after over sixty years of married life together, after mum passed away my dad followed after only five months of living with a broken heart......Good to see you back....

Page 339 of 370 « First < 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top