Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Re: Do you exercise?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Rather patronising post there OGF, for I'm not sure anyone was grumbling about people who care for their well being with exercise,rather just stating their own preferences as you would in any normal conversation. Personally I've no time for fanatics of any ilk...
Sorry Barry, for you I have the greatest of respect.........
However.....The post was titled 'Do You Exercise'......
Perhaps we should post another one titled 'Why don't you Exercise'
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:48 PM

Hi

I exercise every day, even when bed bound.

Very little just as much as I can.

It gives me a purpose in life.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:07 PM

My routine has not changed, still have my early morning swim 40/50 lengths of the pool, an hour or so walk with the dog, gardening, exercising the Clydes several times a week. Some people think riding a horse is not exercise but it fair gives your thigh muscles a work out. I also work around the farm if Himself needs me to help out. Not so much the now but from April to November I can work a lot..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
My routine has not changed, still have my early morning swim 40/50 lengths of the pool, an hour or so walk with the dog, gardening, exercising the Clydes several times a week. Some people think riding a horse is not exercise but it fair gives your thigh muscles a work out. I also work around the farm if Himself needs me to help out. Not so much the now but from April to November I can work a lot..
You sound very healthy, Roxy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:17 PM

I've always been an active wee Bunny Ffosse. My Mum always told everyone I'd ants in my pants lol as I couldn't sit still.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:30 PM

I can remember being very active as a child - street football, cycling and climbing trees.

They wouldn't let kids climb trees nowadays would they?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:41 PM

What makes anyone think work can't be good for the mind too, while I'm working I get immense pride and satisfaction from what I am doing, I listen to music relaxes me. It's social too I meet lovely people. Without it I'd be as depressed and anxious as I used to be.

My husband too loves his job he's a different man without work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I can remember being very active as a child - street football, cycling and climbing trees.

They wouldn't let kids climb trees nowadays would they?
Of course kids climb trees, even grace with her disability can manage to get up some trees. Her favourite though is the zip wire they put between the trees she loves that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:21 PM

What if you work in a Gym?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 02:30 PM

Personally I think that to say work isn't exercise is ridiculous. I have never visited a gym in my life but have always maintained my fitness through manual work and other activities, so if the point of exercise is to maintain personal well being and fitness then I have managed to meet that brief without ever exercising for it's own sake.

Having said that though, if exercise for it's own sake gives you a buzz then I'm very happy for you, just a personal choice and whatever floats your boat....

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top