Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:11 PM

Medici (on netflix)

Really enjoying this superb dramatisation of the Medici family history. If anyone has netflix I highly recommend some binge watching. The first season includes Dustin Hoffman as Giovanni and Richard Madden (of the bodyguard fame) as Cosimo. But season 2 with Daniel Sharman as Lorenzo the magnificent and Sean Bean as Pazzi is excellent. I can certainly see Sharman being very successful in the future.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 12:51 PM

Re: Medici (on netflix)

Not sure if anyone else watched this but if you are interested there is a new season just launched. Very much recommend it. Beautifully filmed and directed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 01:05 PM

... don't do Netflix, how much does it cost?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-05-2020, 05:36 PM

Dood it's about £8 a month, but if you have never used it then you get a trial month free and you can cancel after that. Although as it's not a fixed term contract so you can cancel anytime after you start paying too and then come back when you want more binge watching.

I think their success is largely down to this contractual flexibility. It's worth the money for productions such as The Witcher, The last Kingdom, Suits, The Durrells, Mad Men, Breaking bad, etc. They have a good selection, not everything but there's always something worth bingeing on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not sure if anyone else watched this but if you are interested there is a new season just launched. Very much recommend it. Beautifully filmed and directed.
I have just ordered the DVD of Season 1 from Amazon, they were out of stock of Season 2 - so have put it on my 'wish list'. Have also ordered Seasons 1 - 3 of The Borgias - I hope it is good. Did you see that series, Annie?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-05-2020, 02:36 AM

ST I remember the Borgias being on telly (BBC I think), but it was for adults only! Has there been a remake?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-05-2020, 02:37 AM

By the way Season 1 of the medicis is very good as it has Dustin Hoffman among others.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 07:00 AM

ST I remember the Borgias being on telly (BBC I think), but it was for adults only! Has there been a remake?
2011 - Canadian made -29 episodes? That one was the remake! and it is the one I have just ordered. I heard it was good.

The original TV series was in 1981 - British- 10 episodes with Adolfo Celi as Roderigo This one was slated at the time because of historical inaccuracies, a fair amount of nudity, and Adolfo Celi had a Sicilian accent!

They were certainly a force to be reckoned with - greedy, cruel and ambitious!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 07:58 AM

I think their success is largely down to this contractual flexibility. It's worth the money for productions such as The Witcher, The last Kingdom, Suits, The Durrells, Mad Men, Breaking bad, etc. They have a good selection, not everything but there's always something worth bingeing on.
I thought The Crown was No.1 reason for subscribing to Netflix but maybe that was last year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-05-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I thought The Crown was No.1 reason for subscribing to Netflix but maybe that was last year.
The Crown was superb! This year the big draw was The Witcher which is very good. I also really like Last Kingdom and am very pleased there is a new season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top