Join for free
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 12:27 PM

Exercise DVD's with arthritis

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any exercise DVD's that are aimed at older people to keep mobile rather than younger people who are already quite fit?

I'm starting with arthritis once it turns cold (finger joints and knees swell) and general stiffness and all over pain on getting up,

I also have mild balance/co-ordination problems from neurological issues so can't keep up with fast exercising (such as zumba!) but can do some yoga and have the wii fit. (can do most of those exercise and games except the really advanced ones)

Also have some kettlebells/hand weights to try and keep strength in my arms as I sometimes have to use crutches or a wheelchair in the winter months just to get round my house!

I also have some electric assist therapy pedals I use when watching TV (or use with those scenic DVD's for a change sometimes) but just looking for a bit of variety as I never was much of a gym bunny so tend to get bored quick with exercise classes!

Getting to classes regularly is difficult (especially in winter) as I live rurally and have no car and I generally struggle to keep up in classes due to difficulty working out what the teacher/trainer is saying so am looking for exercise DVD's I could buy online and do at home at my own pace.

Thanks

Susan
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 12:57 PM

Re: Exercise DVD's with arthritis

Rosemary Connerly does Seat Exercises.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'll go look that up. Thanks
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:58 PM

I also have arthritis in my joints and my balance went all to pot after I had knee operations. The way I keep them moving is Swimming lengths. Monday through to Friday, I go to the early morning swimming as there's no kids and you get peace to swim. We have a disabled lady who uses a wheelchair too, the pool guards get her in and out of the water. She's a great swimmer puts a lot of us to shame lol.
Susan68
Up North, UK

08-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I also have arthritis in my joints and my balance went all to pot after I had knee operations. The way I keep them moving is Swimming lengths. Monday through to Friday, I go to the early morning swimming as there's no kids and you get peace to swim. We have a disabled lady who uses a wheelchair too, the pool guards get her in and out of the water. She's a great swimmer puts a lot of us to shame lol.
Hi

I don't live anywhere near a public pool unfortunately but I also have severe hyperacusis (oversensitive hearing) so I could never stand being in swimming pools even when I could get there because of the noise and echoing.

It has to be something I can do in the privacy of my own home where I can control sounds around me.
Susan68
Up North, UK

24-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi

Sorry forgot to come back and let you know I found the DVD with chair exercises on and some others! Planning to start with the chair ones and build up to been able to do as many of the others as I can too!

Thanks

Susan
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 04:14 PM

Hi Susan, have a look at this, and see if it appeals.

https://www.arthritis.org/living-wit...ercise/videos/
Susan68
Up North, UK

24-07-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Susan, have a look at this, and see if it appeals.

https://www.arthritis.org/living-wit...ercise/videos/
Thanks

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top