Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Holidays this year??

Bookings for cruises this coming year have been mainly for
trips to Antartica and North Korea so far fake news reports??
Donkeyman!
PS. God help them!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 06:00 PM

Re: Holidays this year??

Due to pay the balance on my holiday tomorrow. The holiday is in 10 weeks time. Nowhere exotic, just a Spanish island. Will I pay it? Yes. Will I go? Yes. Unless I am told nearer the time not to go. Not a lot of money to lose. If I am told not to go by the the government, I will get my money back. If I choose not to go, I lose my money. The greatest risk as I see it will be other passengers on the aircraft both outward bound and inward bound. I am in a secluded Villa once we get there. Will I eat out? Possibly not.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Due to pay the balance on my holiday tomorrow. The holiday is in 10 weeks time. Nowhere exotic, just a Spanish island. Will I pay it? Yes. Will I go? Yes. Unless I am told nearer the time not to go. Not a lot of money to lose. If I am told not to go by the the government, I will get my money back. If I choose not to go, I lose my money. The greatest risk as I see it will be other passengers on the aircraft both outward bound and inward bound. I am in a secluded Villa once we get there. Will I eat out? Possibly not.
Sounds a good strategy EZ, I think youve covered all your bases?
You will probably be safer out there than here?
Have a nice time!! 😃😃😃
Donkeyman!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:52 PM

We are due to fly out to Turkey in 10 days time. I am 82 and reasonably fit but I am having second thoughts.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 10:03 PM

I cancelled this weekend away in Skegness Butlins, too risky when I've got my 86 year old dad to look after, also have to look out for myself as I'm no good to Daddy if I get ill.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:28 PM

My son was due to take my 5 grandchildren to Disney Florida at the end of March. They have been so looking forward to it .
He has cancelled the accommodation tonight , the Disney tickets should be ok to use some other time.

Now there are just the flights to sort out.
He originally booked with Thomas Cook and had to claim on the insurance when they went under, this holiday seems fated.

We are all going to Wales at the end of June if things are ok then
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 12:47 AM

Just had notification from the travel insurance company to take out what is called "disrupted travel" insurance on top of the policy we have. The cost is only £25 for the extra insurance so worth taking out
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

13-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just had notification from the travel insurance company to take out what is called "disrupted travel" insurance on top of the policy we have. The cost is only £25 for the extra insurance so worth taking out
Sounds like good value RS, Do you think that price will go up due
to the reduction in the number of flights?
You should have a less crowded holiday this year enjoy it!
Donkeyman! 🤘🤘
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 02:02 PM

I mentioned in another thread son who works for well known airline told me this week there have been many cancellations and aircraft will be grounded and concerns for staff redundancies
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My son was due to take my 5 grandchildren to Disney Florida at the end of March. They have been so looking forward to it .
He has cancelled the accommodation tonight , the Disney tickets should be ok to use some other time.

Now there are just the flights to sort out.
He originally booked with Thomas Cook and had to claim on the insurance when they went under, this holiday seems fated.

We are all going to Wales at the end of June if things are ok then
Think Disney have shut down all their resorts in the US

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top