Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 01:54 PM

Re: The COVID19 Opportunity for the EU

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that the BBC was up to its old tricks yesterday. They did an article, complete with a HYS comments section, about how all of the world's currencies have tanked as a result of the Covid-19 virus emphasising the value of the pound against the dollar, and in particular against the Euro.

This was being used as a reason to cancel Britain's exit from the EU and return to the European bosom. Some of the comments in the HYS needed to be read to be believed. The amount of bile and real hate directed at those who voted to leave was appalling, wishing that those who did so, in particular the 'Boomers and Gammons' would catch the virus and die from it to teach us a lesson. They (the commentariat) were convinced that the value of the pound had dropped because of Brexit, and not the current pandemic.

Sheesh.
Yes. The Biased Broadcasting Company do themselves no favours do they?

The more they dig, the more they annoy the patriotic people of this land, and the more they increase the chances of losing their state financial support.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that the BBC was up to its old tricks yesterday. They did an article, complete with a HYS comments section, about how all of the world's currencies have tanked as a result of the Covid-19 virus emphasising the value of the pound against the dollar, and in particular against the Euro.

This was being used as a reason to cancel Britain's exit from the EU and return to the European bosom. Some of the comments in the HYS needed to be read to be believed. The amount of bile and real hate directed at those who voted to leave was appalling, wishing that those who did so, in particular the 'Boomers and Gammons' would catch the virus and die from it to teach us a lesson. They (the commentariat) were convinced that the value of the pound had dropped because of Brexit, and not the current pandemic.

Sheesh.
The corona crisis mimicks some effects of the brexit. Like in the link. It shows yellow hammer was correct after all. Read and tremble.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...markets-dry-up
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The corona crisis mimicks some effects of the brexit. Like in the link. It shows yellow hammer was correct after all. Read and tremble.
https://www.theguardian.com/business...markets-dry-up
When it comes to COVID-19, Fishing is way, way down the list of priorities, Solasch, as is car parts and other nonsense from the Guardians "let's go back into the EU" stupidity.

The Guardians readership is about 100,000 people - nobody cares what's in it, and for good reason.

For a start, restaurants are closing in droves so nobody is buying fish anyway - like most perishable items sold in restaurants. I was bored after about 3 minutes of reading that article when you posted it yesterday, I certainly don't want to read it again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When it comes to COVID-19, Fishing is way, way down the list of priorities, Solasch, as is car parts and other nonsense from the Guardians "let's go back into the EU" stupidity.

The Guardians readership is about 100,000 people - nobody cares what's in it, and for good reason.

For a start, restaurants are closing in droves so nobody is buying fish anyway - like most perishable items sold in restaurants. I was bored after about 3 minutes of reading that article when you posted it yesterday, I certainly don't want to read it again.

I'm glad to see you understood the most important effect of a fish skirmish. The article just shows the effect when the EU closes the landing ports for british fishers. So full marks for your understanding.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 02:54 PM

I'm glad to see you understood the most important effect of a fish skirmish. The article just shows the effect when the EU closes the landing ports for british fishers. So full marks for your understanding.
Nobody is buying it anyway - your making this up again. Why do you think this has to do with Brexit and why would fish be sold to restaurants that are closed ???

Honestly .... get a grip for gods sake
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-03-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nobody is buying it anyway - your making this up again. Why do you think this has to do with Brexit and why would fish be sold to restaurants that are closed ???

Honestly .... get a grip for gods sake
I thought you had some understanding. Obviously not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-03-2020, 03:34 PM

I thought you had some understanding. Obviously not.

As usual you avoid answering the questions and resort to acting like a child by coming out with sentences like that ^^^
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 03:54 PM

I bought some lovely fresh locally caught fish today from "the fish man with the van" who comes to our town on Thursdays, but it certainly wasn't cheap!
Interesting article but I don't agree with some of what they say. Most of the salmon for instance in our local Sainsbury's is Scottish and our fish and chip shops use locally caught fish.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
I bought some lovely fresh locally caught fish today from "the fish man with the van" who comes to our town on Thursdays, but it certainly wasn't cheap!
Interesting article but I don't agree with some of what they say. Most of the salmon for instance in our local Sainsbury's is Scottish and our fish and chip shops use locally caught fish.
This will be a perfect opportunity for british people to show they support the fishers. Fish on the table five days a week.

And boris can show how important fisheries are to him in brexit talks. He now must save them quickly, otherwise he needn't negotiate about fishing rights at all.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-51962904

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top