Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:28 AM

Re: Russia to the Rescue

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Not good in mathematics, I see. The UK is 4 times the netherlands by inhabitants (69 mln - 17 mln). The UK budget is 12 bn. The dutch budget by number of inhabitants should be 12/4 = 3 bn. The actual budget is 3,1 bn. Like I said, comparably by number of inhabitants. Is it getting a bit more clear for you?
Foreign aid is calculated on gross national income not population. Your living in fantasy land with your crock-pot calculator.

Our contributions are 4 times higher than yours because our economy is far bigger than yours.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Foreign aid is calculated on gross national income not population. Your living in fantasy land with your crock-pot calculator.

Our contributions are 4 times higher than yours because our economy is far bigger than yours.
Foreign aid is part of the national budget, so the size is a political choice. Comparison between countries can be made on the basis of different parameters. I made one between UK and netherlands based on number of inhabitants.

Thanks for bringing up the size of economies. That is an additional contributing factor. Based on the number of inhabitants the foreign aid budgets are comparable. Because your economy is so much bigger, the UK should morally have made the choice for a much larger budget than the present misery 12 bn to help suffering people in other countries. That was my point in a previous post.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 03:46 PM

Foreign aid is part of the national budget, so the size is a political choice. Comparison between countries can be made on the basis of different parameters. I made one between UK and netherlands based on number of inhabitants.

Thanks for bringing up the size of economies. That is an additional contributing factor. Based on the number of inhabitants the foreign aid budgets are comparable. Because your economy is so much bigger, the UK should morally have made the choice for a much larger budget than the present misery 12 bn to help suffering people in other countries. That was my point in a previous post.
The calculation something like 0.7% of gross national income. Thats why we pay about 4 times as much as your country does.

Your making things up again with your crack-pot calculator.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 03:57 PM

The calculation something like 0.7% of gross national income. Thats why we pay about 4 times as much as your country does.

Your making things up again with your crack-pot calculator.
I take your point, but I did check up on the data you provide. Looking at the absolute amounts, the UK spends about 2,9 times the amount the netherlands does.

If I compare them as you suggest by gross national income, the UK spends 0.71% on foreign aid. The netherlands spend 0.76%. So, the netherlands does not spend 4 times less as you state, but even more than the UK.

Thank you for setting that right. Ha, ha, ha, ha....

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...most-generous/
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 04:05 PM

Not good in mathematics, I see. The UK is 4 times the netherlands by inhabitants (69 mln - 17 mln). The UK budget is 12 bn. The dutch budget by number of inhabitants should be 12/4 = 3 bn. The actual budget is 3,1 bn. Like I said, comparably by number of inhabitants. Is it getting a bit more clear for you?
If you are going to quote population figures, at least check the numbers first. The latest United Kingdom 2020 population is estimated at 67,886,011 people at mid year according to UN data, and that of The Netherlands (according to WorldoMeter) is 17,124,708 as of yesterday.

Oh, and BTW, the latest UN figures show the UK spent $18.70 billion on foreign aid in 2018, while The Netherlands spent $5.81 billion so, yes, as a % of GDP, The Netherlands did spend (0.11% points) more than us on foreign aid in 2018. The numbers for 2019 are not yet available so no crowing Solly please.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-03-2020, 04:10 PM

I take your point, but I did check up on the data you provide. Looking at the absolute amounts, the UK spends about 2,9 times the amount the netherlands does.

If I compare them as you suggest by gross national income, the UK spends 0.71% on foreign aid. The netherlands spend 0.76%. So, the netherlands does not spend 4 times less as you state, but even more than the UK.

Thank you for setting that right. Ha, ha, ha, ha....

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...most-generous/
We spend 12 Billion - you spend about 3 Billion on foreign aid.

That's a difference of 9 Billion more than we spend than you - or 4 times more than you - your choice. We help 4 times more people than you, if you want to be like us, then simply donate more billions. You can't claim your equivalent to our donations when your $9 Billion short.

I'm sure people on the receiving end of foreign aid won't bother looking at the % only the $$$

#crackpotcalculator
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-03-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If you are going to quote population figures, at least check the numbers first. The latest United Kingdom 2020 population is estimated at 67,886,011 people at mid year according to UN data, and that of The Netherlands (according to WorldoMeter) is 17,124,708 as of yesterday.

Oh, and BTW, the latest UN figures show the UK spent $18.70 billion on foreign aid in 2018, while The Netherlands spent $5.81 billion so, yes, as a % of GDP, The Netherlands did spend (0.11% points) more than us on foreign aid in 2018. The numbers for 2019 are not yet available so no crowing Solly please.
Now you bring up crowing, read your post # 12.
Thank you for saying the spending of the UK and netherlands is comparable. That is what I've been saying all along. So thank you for confirming my statements.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-03-2020, 04:24 PM

We spend 12 Billion - you spend about 3 Billion on foreign aid.

That's a difference of 9 Billion more than we spend than you - or 4 times more than you - your choice. We help 4 times more people than you, if you want to be like us, then simply donate more billions. You can't claim your equivalent to our donations when your $9 Billion short.

I'm sure people on the receiving end of foreign aid won't bother looking at the % only the $$$

#crackpotcalculator
Dear boy, it's about doing your share. If the netherlands spend 3 bn, an equal share by the UK (due to size of population, c.q. economy) would be 12 bn. So, again, both countries are doing their equal share.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Dear boy, it's about doing your share. If the netherlands spend 3 bn, an equal share by the UK (due to size of population, c.q. economy) would be 12 bn. So, again, both countries are doing their equal share.

We do 4 times more than you.

That's 4 times more people we help than you and according to your earlier comment we have 4 times your morals.

Your paying what your supposed to pay but it's nowhere near the amount we do.

#crackpotcalculator
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-03-2020, 01:24 AM

We do 4 times more than you.

That's 4 times more people we help than you and according to your earlier comment we have 4 times your morals.

Your paying what your supposed to pay but it's nowhere near the amount we do.

#crackpotcalculator
By all counts you lost this argument, so stop bickering.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top