Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:36 PM

Re: WhyIis The UK Acting Like a Basket Case??

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed, and it is getting worse.

In the 1960s, we invited many to come here because we were short of workers. Then industry contracted, but still they came. Today, they come uninvited and illegally, but supported by the very people who are employed to safeguard our shores. To encourage them further, they seem to benefit from hand-outs that many of our own people appear not to deserve!

To make matters worse, our leaders seem uninterested in stopping or even reducing this incursion.

I think it is pretty clear where our country is going and no-one is interested in doing anything to prevent it.
All very sad TBH ,still I doubt whether I will be around to see what Jonny Foreigner does with our country .
I just feel sad for my G/C.
I blame that horrible Bliar who invited all the Kurds to come over , in his horrible gungho fashion and now has the bleddy check to try & advise what is best for this country whilst him & his fish face wife sit on their millions
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
All very sad TBH ,still I doubt whether I will be around to see what Jonny Foreigner does with our country .
I just feel sad for my G/C.
I blame that horrible Bliar who invited all the Kurds to come over , in his horrible gungho fashion and now has the bleddy check to try & advise what is best for this country whilst him & his fish face wife sit on their millions
I don't think it is going to happen overnight, so we older ones won't suffer unduly - I hope.

I believe that the changes will occur gradually, so the younger the people, the more likely they will be adversely affected.

There are other considerations too, unfortunately. There is the coronavirus, of course, which will affect our businesses and our way of life generally.

There is also talk of extending the Brexit 'discussions' - again, people like BLiar - which will further damage this country... after all our efforts to get out.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think it is going to happen overnight, so we older ones won't suffer unduly - I hope.

I believe that the changes will occur gradually, so the younger the people, the more likely they will be adversely affected.

There are other considerations too, unfortunately. There is the coronavirus, of course, which will affect our businesses and our way of life generally.

There is also talk of extending the Brexit 'discussions' - again, people like BLiar - which will further damage this country... after all our efforts to get out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 10:57 PM

Sometimes, you just have to wait and see.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top