Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:37 PM

Re: The "Missing" EU COVID-19 Figures

Having a look at your link, but this is the one I've been following.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Tourism , or lack of it is going to cause severe problems for the southern Med countries. Add to that the 'olive disease ' affecting Spain, Italy and Greece atm, with a possible impact of Euros 20 billion , things aint looking good for a long time.
On top of that Alan Greenspan had already predicted another world recession for 2019/2020 and whilst we bask in supermarket supplies, Africa are facing the worst plague of locusts, and 100's millions are just about embarking on starvation.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Having a look at your link, but this is the one I've been following.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Tourism , or lack of it is going to cause severe problems for the southern Med countries. Add to that the 'olive disease ' affecting Spain, Italy and Greece atm, with a possible impact of Euros 20 billion , things aint looking good for a long time.
On top of that Alan Greenspan had already predicted another world recession for 2019/2020 and whilst we bask in supermarket supplies, Africa are facing the worst plague of locusts, and 100's millions are just about embarking on starvation.

Yep.

If Chinas economy blows up too that's the supply chains screwed as well.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Between you and me, I think he's been studying at the Diane Abbott school of mathematics. Well, it's either that or he needs to visit the Dutch equivalent of Spec Savers.
There are 144 Spec savers opticiens in the netherlands.

WINNER, the Neville Chamberlain Award for Catastrophically Misreading the Situation:*prime*minister of the UK,*Boris Johnson
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...of-coronavirus

The UK could end up with the worst coronavirus death rate in*Europe, one of the government’s leading scientific advisers has said.
Prof Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust and a pandemics expert on the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said the figures of almost 1,000 daily hospital deaths showed the UK was in a similar situation to other European countries that had been badly affected.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...andemic-expert
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 04:55 PM

Indeed, Bread . I don't know about China's cumuppance, as mentioned in another thread, I really believe that unless this virus is sorted quickly, (have my doubts) then it's really cumuppance for all of humankind , and to be honest , bad as it is, it's been waiting to happen for long enough.
Nature adapts, and so must we if we wish to be part of it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1895661]Indeed. I don't know about China's cumuppance, as mentioned in another thread, I really believe that unless this virus is sorted quickly, (have my doubts) then it's really cumuppance for all of humankind , and to be honest , bad as it is, it's been waiting to happen for long enough.
Nature adapts, and so must we if we wish to be part of it.[/QUOTE]

If brexit has shown anything, it is britain's inability to adept. You are in the transition period, intended to give the UK opportunity to adept to the situation outside the EU. Some of you (donkeyman) don't even know you're out since 31 januari due to signing the WA.
And as far as adepting goes, noticed any preparations lately?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The UK could end up with the worst coronavirus death rate in*Europe, one of the government’s leading scientific advisers has said.
Prof Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust and a pandemics expert on the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said the figures of almost 1,000 daily hospital deaths showed the UK was in a similar situation to other European countries that had been badly affected.
Hold on a minute Solasch; Prof Jeremy Farrar is not too good with figures is he....
I've been copying down the stats since the beginning of March, and for the last twelve weeks the average hospital death rate works out at an average of 721.. With yesterday's figures standing at 413....?????

I wish he was doing my accounting if he reckons that the average death rate is near a thousand per day....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 07:02 PM

Hi

It is simply not possible at the present time to do any direct comparisons of death rates from Covid 19 simply because the figures are counted differently in each Country.

I am really not bothered what the EU are doing, nothing to do with us.

We are seriously undercounting deaths here because we use hospital only deaths, we know there are far more in Nursing Homes and home deaths.

We are having news management here, the last lot of ONS figures were due due last Thursday but have still not been released.

We have not covered ourselves in glory here, other countries have dealt with it better, others worse.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2020, 10:28 PM

Going by the Worldometer chart that Bruce uses in his daily update in another thread Belgium has the highest death rate per million population at 622 followed by Spain 503,Italy 446, France 357 and UK 311. I know the UK has only been counting hospital deaths this has a long way to go.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

28-04-2020, 12:11 AM

I don't think any of the figures are accurate or truthful. I have been watching the 'serious /critical ' cases for the UK over the last week, and it hasn't changed. 1559... always the same, which would appear that all who have sadly passed away, including another 360 in the last 24 hours, were not on the list of 'serious/critical' !! A bit strange
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 12:19 AM

To be fair the UK is rapidly catching up with the best/worst and had the advantage of seeing how badly Europe was being affected in time to take drastic action. For some reason the UK chose not to act early, the only country which has done well is Germany which seems to have saved many lives.

This thread seems a fruitless and pointless argument to me, the UK is apparently doing no better than the worst of Europe and only France has a worse testing regime which seems to be a very important factor in controlling the diseases spread.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.28_09h12m22s_001_.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	12410  

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top