Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 09:35 PM

Re: China claims all

Those Chinese are crafty ,make no mistake they do nothing that doesn"t benefit themselves . Has been so since the beginning of time IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ah Ha. soppose ??? Even Donkeyman, the perfect one, can have a senior moment
Oh, but Bakerman, we all have 'senior moments'. Even I occasionally have them when I forget to leave two spaces after a full stop.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 09:57 PM

China is simply doing what Britain and later the USA was doing. Screwing the world to their own advantage. I just don't like this attitude of hatred towards Chinese people that is being promoted in response to their successes. Communism has nothing to do with China now, it is simply trying to emulate the USA with a very wealthy few controlling the population. I have known many people of Chinese origin, they are hard working and honest. They are very much supportive of their children's education and well being.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:01 PM

Getting back to Chinese expansionism in the South China Sea, I think this should be resisted, and the procedures taken by American, and perhaps other navels... oops... navies(!) in sailing through the sea areas claimed by China are one thing that we should all be doing.

If the Chinese continue to make threats and become increasingly aggressive, I believe the first thing we should do is to avoid buying their goods, even though this would make things more expensive, and I say that as someone who has bought cheaply-made goods (though of good quality) from China. Providing we ALL follow that line, I think that would be all that is necessary to persuade them to back down.

No-one wants another world war.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Ah Ha. soppose ??? Even Donkeyman, the perfect one, can have a senior moment
Who claimed to be perfect BM??
And yes my fingers and eyes do seem to be more senior than
the rest of me!!
I have to write some posts more than once!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-04-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Who claimed to be perfect BM??
And yes my fingers and eyes do seem to be more senior than
the rest of me!!
I have to write some posts more than once!!
Me too.

Of course, it isn't me myself, you understand.
It's my fingers. They don't always do what I tell them to do.
However, I usually take the trouble to read through afterwards what my naughty fingers have written.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:26 PM

Back on topic, All good suggestions and questions I have asked myself. I think there has been a corner turned recently and Scomo has certainly redeemed himself with Dealing with China after the bushfires cop out. People are staring to wake up to their BS. Their carping about "racism" and "picking on China" is getting so lame. It's about their regime and how they are behaving and that's it. But you are all right. WE do make our own warships in Adelaide. We've sold off old warships to Chile, PNG and other places. We sold first generation FA18's to Canada that they are going to update for their own purposes. We've sold small, fast troop carriers to other countries. Lots of stuff. BUt I'd like to see us manufacture our own fighters. WEr have the edge in our region. INdonesia is so much bigger population wise but they are nowhere near us in technology. Let's hope we never have to use any of it but I believe we need to be ready for the worst. Despite who is president, The USA will always be our friend and ally as will Britain, Canada and NZ. It's just the way it is. And the way I hope it will stay. I have strong personal ties with England and the US so I guess I'm biased. I also have some very close Chinese friends as well. People that I love and have known since university. They hate what China does now as well. It is NOT about race.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-04-2020, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I also have some very close Chinese friends as well. People that I love and have known since university. They hate what China does now as well. It is NOT about race.
You're right.

I have always maintained that there are good and bad in all races and cultures.

I, too, have met Chinese people in this country who have integrated into our society far better than certain other cultures and, as far as I can make out, are no supporters of the present communist regime.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:25 AM

Hi

In the human timeline is is only recently that the sun never set on the British Empire.

We were the ones sending the gunboats and controlling the seas and trade routes.

All Countries rise and fall.

It was only at the end of WW2 that the Russians liberated a vast amount of China from the Japanese.

China has problems of it's own.

It's new found wealth has created an upper class of very wealthy and a growing middle class.

It will change itself.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Back on topic, All good suggestions and questions I have asked myself. I think there has been a corner turned recently and Scomo has certainly redeemed himself with Dealing with China after the bushfires cop out. People are staring to wake up to their BS. Their carping about "racism" and "picking on China" is getting so lame. It's about their regime and how they are behaving and that's it. But you are all right. WE do make our own warships in Adelaide. We've sold off old warships to Chile, PNG and other places. We sold first generation FA18's to Canada that they are going to update for their own purposes. We've sold small, fast troop carriers to other countries. Lots of stuff. BUt I'd like to see us manufacture our own fighters. WEr have the edge in our region. INdonesia is so much bigger population wise but they are nowhere near us in technology. Let's hope we never have to use any of it but I believe we need to be ready for the worst. Despite who is president, The USA will always be our friend and ally as will Britain, Canada and NZ. It's just the way it is. And the way I hope it will stay. I have strong personal ties with England and the US so I guess I'm biased. I also have some very close Chinese friends as well. People that I love and have known since university. They hate what China does now as well. It is NOT about race.
Exactly. When I visited Hong Kong I was treated so incredibly well by the Chinese people. One old lady on their tube even offered to share her lunch with me.
It's about the communist regime, not the Chinese people

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top