Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:20 PM

Couple of questions re Repeat Prescriptions and Chemists

How long after you request your Repeat Prescription is it processed and ready for pick up (or delivery)?

My chemist (Rowlands) takes 7 days. It used to be 3 days until a couple of years ago. Once last year, it took 10 days!

Thankfully, I always order just before I open my last month's worth. I dread to think how anyone would go on if they forgot and left it to the last minute

How many months worth of meds do you receive?

I have a 3 mths supply, but some people I know only have 2 mths.
I wondered if it was because regular reviewing of their medication is necessary?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:28 PM

Re: Couple of questions re Repeat Prescriptions and Chemists

I hand my prescription in on a Friday,and pick it up the following Friday,its a asthma preventer,it last's 30 days,I only have a month at a time.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:30 PM

I only get 1 month supply and when I pick it up from Lloyds I only have tick 5 boxes on the prescription and it is ready for me to pick it up the next time. No trouble at all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Pesta, My repeat prescription is processed automatically every 56 days by the surgery in liaison with Lloyds the chemist.

All l have to do is tick the items l require the next time when l collect my prescription from the chemist.

I am texted when my prescription is ready to collect.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I hand my prescription in on a Friday,and pick it up the following Friday,its a asthma preventer,it last's 30 days,I only have a month at a time.
So yours is 7 days too caricature. I wonder why you only have a month's worth?
My sister and one of my ex's have asthma and they get 2 mths worth.

Strange how things differ isn't it?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I only get 1 month supply and when I pick it up from Lloyds I only have tick 5 boxes on the prescription and it is ready for me to pick it up the next time. No trouble at all.
Another 'one monther'. I don't understand about ticking 5 boxes scot. What does that mean? I don't tick any boxes.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Another 'one monther'. I don't understand about ticking 5 boxes scot. What does that mean? I don't tick any boxes.
I get 5 different medications. I tick a box against each item and it is ready for me next time. Same as Artangel and also Lloyds.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, My repeat prescription is processed automatically every 56 days by the surgery in liaison with Lloyds the chemist.

All l have to do is tick the items l require the next time when l collect my prescription from the chemist.

I am texted when my prescription is ready to collect.
Is that because you are signed up to Patient Access Art? I' haven't signed up for that.

I've read somewhere about automatic prescriptions and people being reminded by phone. I think you have to sign up for that?

I used to phone the chemist and order it, but they've stopped doing that now as they are (constantly) short of staff. Which is one of the reasons why I was asking how long other chemists take to process prescriptions.
We all have to order through the GP now because Rowlands aren't coping. They seem to give a lousy service now.

There are other chemists around here, and I was wondering whether to change, but they are further away from the GP practice, which isn't good when the chemist staff have to pick up the prescriptions.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-05-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I get 5 different medications. I tick a box against each item and it is ready for me next time. Same as Artangel and also Lloyds.
Aah, thank you for that scot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 10:10 PM

Pesta, I order my repeat online on Emiss patient access.
It is quick and easy and I only need allow 4 days till collection.

When I collect it, the pharmacy always tears the white bit of paper off the copy, and hands it to me. This is probably what Scott meant about ticking off what he needs from the list.

I prefer to order online a few days before I run out.
On the website you can also make'cancel appointments, access your medical records, leave a message for the doctor, and see all your meds clearly.

I order once a month.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top