Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 06:10 PM

What's Mine is Mine, What's Yours is Mine! The EU Way.

It certainly looks as though Barnier’s play for power has turned around and bitten him on the Ar&e!
There he was, pontificating from the start of Britain’s Brexit trade negotiations, how it was necessary for Britain to adhere to a ‘’Level Playing Field’’ by remaining tied to the bloc’s employment, environment and competition laws, as we are ‘’too big and too close to the bloc’’ otherwise to make it fair to them.
My goodness, not asking a lot, are they? Only that we would be forced to change our domestic law, despite us having left the EU!!

As for their Level Playing Field!!!!????
Is Barnier having a laugh! Take a look at his level playing field. The bloc’s so-called laughable state aid and competition regime

Germany has all but plundered the bulk of the £1.6trillion EU state aid since the Coronvirus struck, by using 52 percent of the aid since the pandemic began.
I don’t see much of a level playing field there, do you?
France - has used 20%
The Southern States? Looks as though all that will be left in the pot for them is a deep financial recession once the pandemic is over,
Germany, by its blatant grab on most of the aid meant to be shared equally, is truly showing its true colours at last. Surely France and Italy will have to wake up to what is going on soon and leave this German-led Globalist tool - the corrupt EU - as a means to conquer Europe.
Not with bullets, but with the power of money.

And Barnier actually has the gall to ask us, now an independent trading nation, to adhere to their ‘’Level Playing Field’’ when they have just proved there is no such thing, especially over just the last 3 months. The EU policy is, and always has been, ‘’every man for himself and grab what you can’’ just as Germany has blatantly proven.
The EU cannot even adhere to their own level playing field rules. Barnier may well have believed his own words, but it looks as though Germany has well and truly screwed things up for him. He has been made to look a fool.

And correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe that the EU should comply with OUR requirements in the trade talks.
For instance, I have just been made aware that England, Scotland and Wales have always had laws far in advance and superior to those of any member of the EU. We actually had to DOWNGRADE many of our laws to fit in with theirs?
Examples:
Consumer Law.
Employment Law (1st Act 1835)
Civil Rights Law, (from Common Law & Magna Carta & the
1698 Administration of Justice Act.)
Protection of Rights, (first written in ‘Wales’ in the 800’s and
Adopted by England in 1330-40.)
An independent Judiciary since the 1300s.

As sure as night and day, we are all going to suffer economically once this pandemic is over. But I thank the good Lord that we have left this corrupt organisation. Their ridiculous rigid ‘stick together and no compromise’ has failed dismally and is dead in the water. Barnier knows this and the EU are terrified that the UK will eventually prosper out on our own as we should always have been, before Heath betrayed us.

Many of the EU states will be desperate for trade and tourism after Covid., but being part of the EU means the power-control madness won’t cater for the different economic demands and needs of individual states. All the EU will do is continue to milk each of them for more payments and shuffle cash around to plug up any holes.

No matter how much we will suffer economically along with every other country in the world after this pandemic, we will at least be free to climb our way up again. Not so, those poor EU member states.forever shackled and unable to make a decision for themselves.

VE day it certainly is - especially for us.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Re: What's Mine is Mine, What's Yours is Mine! The EU Way.

One of very few politicians who makes sense, plain speaking, gets to the point.

“First of all when this coronavirus crisis is over we are going to have to rebuild the economy and we are going to need to be able to give such support as the Government sees fit to our own industries.

“We cannot do that under EU rules, state aid is specifically prohibited.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...od-coronavirus
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
One of very few politicians who makes sense, plain speaking, gets to the point.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...od-coronavirus
From what I've seen of Ann Widdecombe over the years, she's always made and spoken a lot of sense. Shame that more politicians are not as direct as she is. With her it seems that 'it is what it is' and what you see is what you get and no messing!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2020, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
It certainly looks as though Barnier’s play for power has turned around and bitten him on the Ar&e!
There he was, pontificating from the start of Britain’s Brexit trade negotiations, how it was necessary for Britain to adhere to a ‘’Level Playing Field’’ by remaining tied to the bloc’s employment, environment and competition laws, as we are ‘’too big and too close to the bloc’’ otherwise to make it fair to them.
My goodness, not asking a lot, are they? Only that we would be forced to change our domestic law, despite us having left the EU!!

As for their Level Playing Field!!!!????
Is Barnier having a laugh! Take a look at his level playing field. The bloc’s so-called laughable state aid and competition regime

Germany has all but plundered the bulk of the £1.6trillion EU state aid since the Coronvirus struck, by using 52 percent of the aid since the pandemic began.
I don’t see much of a level playing field there, do you?
France - has used 20%
The Southern States? Looks as though all that will be left in the pot for them is a deep financial recession once the pandemic is over,
Germany, by its blatant grab on most of the aid meant to be shared equally, is truly showing its true colours at last. Surely France and Italy will have to wake up to what is going on soon and leave this German-led Globalist tool - the corrupt EU - as a means to conquer Europe.
Not with bullets, but with the power of money.

And Barnier actually has the gall to ask us, now an independent trading nation, to adhere to their ‘’Level Playing Field’’ when they have just proved there is no such thing, especially over just the last 3 months. The EU policy is, and always has been, ‘’every man for himself and grab what you can’’ just as Germany has blatantly proven.
The EU cannot even adhere to their own level playing field rules. Barnier may well have believed his own words, but it looks as though Germany has well and truly screwed things up for him. He has been made to look a fool.

And correct me if I am wrong on this, but I believe that the EU should comply with OUR requirements in the trade talks.
For instance, I have just been made aware that England, Scotland and Wales have always had laws far in advance and superior to those of any member of the EU. We actually had to DOWNGRADE many of our laws to fit in with theirs?
Examples:
Consumer Law.
Employment Law (1st Act 1835)
Civil Rights Law, (from Common Law & Magna Carta & the
1698 Administration of Justice Act.)
Protection of Rights, (first written in ‘Wales’ in the 800’s and
Adopted by England in 1330-40.)
An independent Judiciary since the 1300s.

As sure as night and day, we are all going to suffer economically once this pandemic is over. But I thank the good Lord that we have left this corrupt organisation. Their ridiculous rigid ‘stick together and no compromise’ has failed dismally and is dead in the water. Barnier knows this and the EU are terrified that the UK will eventually prosper out on our own as we should always have been, before Heath betrayed us.

Many of the EU states will be desperate for trade and tourism after Covid., but being part of the EU means the power-control madness won’t cater for the different economic demands and needs of individual states. All the EU will do is continue to milk each of them for more payments and shuffle cash around to plug up any holes.

No matter how much we will suffer economically along with every other country in the world after this pandemic, we will at least be free to climb our way up again. Not so, those poor EU member states.forever shackled and unable to make a decision for themselves.

VE day it certainly is - especially for us.

Regarding state subsidies it is a case of, dont do as l do, do as
I say, with Barnier!!
Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 06:45 AM

Hi

The EU will look after it's own interests.

A No Deal would suit them, they would use it to bring the manufacturing plants they have here back to Mainland Europe.

They will retaliate over fisheries, we keep them they put tariffs and sanitary certificates on them.

This will increase our costs significantly.

Such is life, it is everyone for themselves.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Regarding state subsidies it is a case of, dont do as l do, do as
I say, with Barnier!!
Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Well, your farmers received 3 bn £ yearly in EU subsidies. Boris has assured them that during his 5 year reign this money will continue coming from the treasury. But the amount will be reviewed yearly by the HoC. If I remember correctly, you are one of those who doesn't trust politicians to keep their word. How certain should farmers feel in your opinion that the subsidies from the government will continue?

As a country you are largely dependent on the agricultural sector. 71 percent of the total land area in the UK is used by that sector. By comparison, farms occupy 173 million hectares or 39 percent of the land mass across the EU.
In europe farmers are a power base from the onset of the EEC, in the UK farmers are politically non-existent.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will look after it's own interests.

A No Deal would suit them, they would use it to bring the manufacturing plants they have here back to Mainland Europe.

They will retaliate over fisheries, we keep them they put tariffs and sanitary certificates on them.

This will increase our costs significantly.

Such is life, it is everyone for themselves.

The pandemic has shown the EU that manufactoring plants should be on ones own soil. Any manufacturing not in british hands will move to the continent. But you are able to print your own money, so you can buy the products from these plants once they have started up production.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

10-05-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What bothers me is the way in which british fishermen see brexit as an opportunity. They blame the EU for the destruction of the british fleet and the deterioration of once vibrant fishing villages such as Grimsby, Fleetwood and Hull. All european fishermen faced the economics of scale at the end of the sixties. You could either join or quit. The fact that british fishermen - excluding the Scots and the ocean trawlers of the Shetland Islands - were doing badly, was mainly due to wrong choices and bad investments. British fishermen insisted on catching cod near iceland and greenland, leaving the plaice and sole catch to the belgians, dutch and spaniards. When quarrels broke out with Iceland in the 1970s and fish stocks plummeted, european fishers controlled the North Sea. In fact you pay the price for the "sins" or wrong choices of our fathers.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well, your farmers received 3 bn £ yearly in EU subsidies. Boris has assured them that during his 5 year reign this money will continue coming from the treasury. But the amount will be reviewed yearly by the HoC. If I remember correctly, you are one of those who doesn't trust politicians to keep their word. How certain should farmers feel in your opinion that the subsidies from the government will continue?

As a country you are largely dependent on the agricultural sector. 71 percent of the total land area in the UK is used by that sector. By comparison, farms occupy 173 million hectares or 39 percent of the land mass across the EU.
In europe farmers are a power base from the onset of the EEC, in the UK farmers are politically non-existent.
Who pays the money into the EU in the first place so our farmers can have that subsidy? We do of course so, it makes little difference to our farmers where they get their money from but it makes a bloody big difference to the EU because it loses control over it!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 05:42 PM

Googled who benefits most from CAP. Not surprisingly:

France benefits the most from the Common Agricultural Policy, receiving about 17 percent of the policy's allocations.

Followed by Germany.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top