Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 08:18 PM

Freedom on Wednesday next (updated C19 rules)

Quote " From Wednesday, people in England will be able to spend more time outdoors "for leisure purposes"

They can "take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise" rather than only exercising once a day

People will also be free to sit in parks

People in England are free to drive somewhere to exercise

And they'll be able to "play sports" - although what types are not yet specified - with family members" unquote
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 08:36 PM

Re: Freedom on Wednesday next (updated C19 rules)

Deep joy - does this mean the plague is going?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 08:39 PM

The police couldn't control the people who were abusing the rules so I guess Boris has given up.

Some people are so selfish, the rest of us will have to suffer.

I think it's too soon to relax the lockdown but what's the point when the people won't listen.

Social distancing isn't working because so many people just don't care about the next person.

I can't wait till I can go swimming again but I won't be going anytime soon (if they let pools open that is)

Personally I couldn't see the point of stopping people driving to quiet places to have their daily exercise, you are less likely to be near people in the countryside where there are wide open spaces.

Sitting in parks should be ok providing people social distance, I can't see a problem with that really.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 09:04 PM

I think the weather is going to be nice on Wednesday so there will be a lot of people out celebrating a bit of freedom. Unfortunately it will be difficult to keep to two metres distance. Sitting in parks will be ok for some but I can imagine it will get pretty crowded in the Cities.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 09:07 PM

Scotland is letting us exercise more from tomorrow but all the rest of the rules still apply.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Personally I couldn't see the point of stopping people driving to quiet places to have their daily exercise, you are less likely to be near people in the countryside where there are wide open spaces.

Sitting in parks should be ok providing people social distance, I can't see a problem with that really.
I thought that at first but doesn't the virus exist for a while on surfaces where people might sit?

Going out in the car for recreation could carry a risk factor for the travellers and others, perhaps an unnecessary one since the trip is not essential. What if the car breaks down or there's an accident? These things can and do happen. Then somebody has to come out and get close to sort matters out. Even if managing to stay distanced, both parties will touch surfaces that each other has touched.

I think we might see the price of more freedom in a few weeks time when all those going out and mingling with others start to show symptoms of the virus. I too think it's no good having faith in relaxed measures being OK. They aren't in my opinion. I'll still be staying in.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I thought that at first but doesn't the virus exist for a while on surfaces where people might sit?

Going out in the car for recreation could carry a risk factor for the travellers and others, perhaps an unnecessary one since the trip is not essential. What if the car breaks down or there's an accident? These things can and do happen. Then somebody has to come out and get close to sort matters out. Even if managing to stay distanced, both parties will touch surfaces that each other has touched.

I think we might see the price of more freedom in a few weeks time when all those going out and mingling with others start to show symptoms of the virus. I too think it's no good having faith in relaxed measures being OK. They aren't in my opinion. I'll still be staying in.
As we were our decision too, not worth the risk.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think it's too soon to relax the lockdown but what's the point when the people won't listen.

Social distancing isn't working because so many people just don't care about the next person.
Originally Posted by mart ->
Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
As we were our decision too, not worth the risk.
I'm not "relaxing" either .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:15 PM

We won't be taking the risk just yet, I would sooner be safe than sorry.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We won't be taking the risk just yet, I would sooner be safe than sorry.

Me too, Mags.
I intend to still be very careful indeed.

Boris is not giving sudden freedom either, although no doubt some idiots will abuse things and then achieve another lockdown for us all.

I don't think this thing is anywhere near done yet.
Even if we sit in the park, we still have to observe the 2 metre rule and he did keep emphasising to 'Stay Alert.'

Garden centres that open on Wednesday were saying they are worried how this can work. They are not at all sure how they can let people in and still keep the social distancing.

As I said, while there are still daily new cases and more deaths, this is not over yet by a long chalk.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top