Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 01:01 AM

Re: Big toe pain

Didn't Fox have swelling?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I read his post and yes, he did have swelling.

I have no swelling, just a slight warmth and much pain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes he certainly did, and the pain was worse than having a baby.......or so I was told.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 10:57 AM

Gout is awful It's caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals due to your diet. My dad suffered from it for years. When he had an attack he took these pills, but I believe they are prescription only. They certainly work though. Dad always made sure he had some in the house.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Colchicine-500mgx100-Front.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	12580  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Gout is awful It's caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals due to your diet. My dad suffered from it for years. When he had an attack he took these pills, but I believe they are prescription only. They certainly work though. Dad always made sure he had some in the house.

Yep, those are the ones Roxy. Allopurinol is the long term treatment, but the colchicine removes the pain and swelling within 24 hours. Although the doctor told me to take a low dose every day, I only took them as and when (don't like taking too many tablets). When you start taking the Allopurinol it provokes an attack of gout, but nowhere near as bad as the initial attack.....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 01:07 PM

For the 1st few days I only had pain, but upon waking this morning I saw a significant swelling and redness.
I've been using hot packs followed by cold packs in an attempt to reduce the pain. Also, applying a cream called "Icy Hot" which is supposed to reduce pain, but it does not help much , if at all. and , of course acetaminophen.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:16 PM

I shall 23 third that its.

Gout.

In the past have had two attacks took the tablets gone by next day.

Touch wood have not had an attack for four years.

Very painful
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
A few days ago, I was sitting in my recliner watching TV. Suddenly, I had a sharp pain in the 1st joint of my big toe. There was no slow build up of discomfort. Quite literally, one minute I was fine and the next minute a knife like, heavy pain.
There is no swelling at that joint. No discolor. Even a light touch by my fingers , bring on MUCH more pain.
I've been taking Acetaminophen , but to no avail.
Walking, even using only my heel is quite painful.
I did not stub my toe or bang it into anything.
Anyone have any idea of what is going on ?
Strange.
My mother had exactly the same thing, after much examination over several months it turned out to be a bone cyst, which didn't even show up on xrays! Whatever it is though good luck with it Bakerman, it sounds very uncomfortable...
bakerman
Mexico

11-05-2020, 10:57 PM

This morning I bought a bottle of 800 mg Ibuprofen. Took 2 tablets (1600 mg.) and the pain is nearly gone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
This morning I bought a bottle of 800 mg Ibuprofen. Took 2 tablets (1600 mg.) and the pain is nearly gone.

800 mg, Bakerman?? Are you sure?

Good grief, most of our 'over the counter' Ibuprofen is only 200 mg.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top