Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 01:29 AM

Re: Big toe pain

Originally Posted by Mups ->
800 mg, Bakerman?? Are you sure?

Good grief, most of our 'over the counter' Ibuprofen is only 200 mg.

Yep, I'm sure. I just double checked. In Mexico you can buy almost anything from a pharmacy merely by asking. No Rx needed. Nor even for things like Valium.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
This morning I bought a bottle of 800 mg Ibuprofen. Took 2 tablets (1600 mg.) and the pain is nearly gone.
Ibuprofen is the best thing I found for a quick fix, but blimey Bakerman..... 200mg would have probably done the trick.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ibuprofen is the best thing I found for a quick fix, but blimey Bakerman..... 200mg would have probably done the trick.....
No idea about how advice from pharmacists works in your part of the world Bakerman. Here, when purchasing items that are not on prescription, we are advised as regards any existing medication being taken. My medication, following a heart attack, means I cannot take Ibuprofen, it negates the effects of the tablet I take in that Ibuprofen is very good for reducing inflammation. In doing that the effects of my medication, which opens up the arteries, allowing better blood flow to the heart can be restricted or cease working, I leave it to you to imagine what the catastrophic results of that might be but it possibly would not be good.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2020, 05:01 PM

I have recently been getting the same thing, no swelling or redness just an extremely sharp pain. One minute it hurts like hell if anything touches it, even the slightest touch and the next, it's fine and doesn't hurt at all. I would go to the doctors about it along with my knee problem but I have more chance of winning 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' than getting an appointment with a doctor.

Anyone got a dinghy I could borrow? I'll sit on the beach and wait for all the free help to arrive.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 11:52 AM

Update
Yesterday I went to my clinic, where dozens of Dr practice, in an attempt to get some treatment and I was greeted by a wall of nurses, backed up by security guards. All in full PPE garb. Normally, I could have been seen as a "walk-in", but not now.
I was told to go to an E.R. at hospital.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 01:04 PM

Update
Yesterday I went to my clinic, where dozens of Dr practice, in an attempt to get some treatment and I was greeted by a wall of nurses, backed up by security guards. All in full PPE garb. Normally, I could have been seen as a "walk-in", but not now.
I was told to go to an E.R. at hospital.

Bakerman, pity you didn't think to ring first and see what the situation was.
It would have saved you a wasted journey.

Are Chiropodists working where you are? Could they advise you?
bakerman
Mexico

15-05-2020, 01:42 PM

Bakerman, pity you didn't think to ring first and see what the situation was.
It would have saved you a wasted journey.

Are Chiropodists working where you are? Could they advise you?

I can not use a phone as I am too hard of hearing to use a phone.
yes, in all likelihood there must be foot doctors here in Mexico. if all else fails I'll go to a regular G.P. and see if he knows of one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 04:46 PM

I can not use a phone as I am too hard of hearing to use a phone.
yes, in all likelihood there must be foot doctors here in Mexico. if all else fails I'll go to a regular G.P. and see if he knows of one.

Probably a silly question, but have you got a phone that amplifies? I had to get one for my Mum.

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/cord...iAAEgIRofD_BwE

Could you Google Chiropodists in your area perhaps?
bakerman
Mexico

15-05-2020, 05:47 PM

Probably a silly question, but have you got a phone that amplifies? I had to get one for my Mum.

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/cord...iAAEgIRofD_BwE

Could you Google Chiropodists in your area perhaps?
That is not a silly question at all. Here's the deal. When I watch TV , I must have the closed captioning turned on AND I have the TV audio piped through an amp, then out to my high quality head set. This gives me the ILLUSION that I can understand speech. However, when I close my eyes and listen to the headset audio only, I can't understand a word that is spoken. So, an amped phone would do me no good.
But I thank you anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-05-2020, 06:13 PM

That is not a silly question at all. Here's the deal. When I watch TV , I must have the closed captioning turned on AND I have the TV audio piped through an amp, then out to my high quality head set. This gives me the ILLUSION that I can understand speech. However, when I close my eyes and listen to the headset audio only, I can't understand a word that is spoken. So, an amped phone would do me no good.
But I thank you anyway.

Oh, OK.
Sorry, I didn't realise your hearing was so bad.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top