Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 06:07 AM

The effects of Covid 19.

Hi

The NHS is in lockdown.

So many are being affected by this.

Guy was admitted, he was awaiting an operation to save his l arm.

Got an appointment for Friday, now been cancelled for 4 Months.

It took 4 Paramedics and two ambulances to get him out of the house after his last seizure.

He has broken his back but has been discharged.

Anyone who thinks we are doing well is an idiot.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 07:27 AM

Re: The effects of Covid 19.

Morning Swims... now whilst I cannot and would not fault you for your concern and care for your son, who has an awful multitude of health problems, I would say that the NHS is probably doing the best for your son by not admitting him to hospital, which at the moment is probably the place with the highest risk factor for catching yet another disease, which could then end his life.

And yes, I must be an idiot as I think the NHS is doing well at the moment, and I couldn't imagine them doing any better in the midst of the most virulent medical pandemic the world has ever seen.

Being a father myself I feel your pain and anger, but in the cold light of day, in spite of your son's problems, I would say the safest place for him at the moment is at home with you...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 07:55 AM

Swimfeeders – I can only echo everything Barry has written and hope you can cope with all you have to do with your son at home. By no means an easy task that is for sure.

Recently a family member had a fall and had to visit A&E, he was seen almost immediately, temperature taken to check for coronavirus, X-rayed, fitted with a 'boot' as he had badly sprained his ankle and discharged and all within the hour. Fantastic service, far quicker than the usual four or six hour wait experienced in the past, and all due to the fact people aren't wanted in the hospital for any longer than really necessary.

The NHS staff are doing all they can with the way things are I believe. Just six months' ago it was running at almost full stretch, as it has done now for many months, probably years and all due to the politics in this country. Then this pandemic struck. Various ways have been found to do whatever is possible to do what they can for patients but it is what it is, they can only do their best with what they have.

As a country we are not doing well, judging by the figures we are given compared to other countries. Personally, and from what is heard generally in the news, I don't believe we are being told the full truth, but that is another subject for perhaps another time.

My best wishes to you swimfeeders and to your son Guy, an awful situation to be in. He is probably in a better place at home with you to care for him, without risking catching coronavirus. I hope you can both come through this and out the other side with positive results.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Morning Swims... now whilst I cannot and would not fault you for your concern and care for your son, who has an awful multitude of health problems, I would say that the NHS is probably doing the best for your son by not admitting him to hospital, which at the moment is probably the place with the highest risk factor for catching yet another disease, which could then end his life.

And yes, I must be an idiot as I think the NHS is doing well at the moment, and I couldn't imagine them doing any better in the midst of the most virulent medical pandemic the world has ever seen.

Being a father myself I feel your pain and anger, but in the cold light of day, in spite of your son's problems, I would say the safest place for him at the moment is at home with you...
Hi

Thanks for that Barry, commonsense as usual.

Yes, the safest place is for him here.

It is just so annoying.

Emergency operations are now for idiots who get drunk and injure themselves.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Good advice from Barry and Baz ..I can't improve on that except to say chin up mister you always do the right thing where Guy is concerned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-05-2020, 07:57 AM

Hi

Thank you all.

I am just so frustrated at the moment.

We are doing everything right.

The idiot next door is not and putting us all at risk.

He was not here when I moved to this house.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thanks for that Barry, commonsense as usual.

Yes, the safest place is for him here.

It is just so annoying.

Emergency operations are now for idiots who get drunk and injure themselves.
Come on Swims you don’t know that .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Cancer & urgent cardiac surgery is being prioritised. They are having to redesign services to make them covid-safe for non urgent operations. That's going to cause a delay.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Cancer & urgent cardiac surgery is being prioritised. They are having to redesign services to make them covid-safe for non urgent operations. That's going to cause a delay.
That's exactly what my surgeon told me on Thursday afternoon.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 07:46 PM

One bonus of this is that in future people will be far less likely to contract a hospital-acquired infection. It's forced the focus back on basic hygiene. So people will be less likely to contract flu in hospital. Another big killer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top