Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:31 AM

Re: UK Releases its FTA As Promised by David Frost

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not at all.

We leave at the end of this year.

The USA has a protectionist policy, Trump has made that clear.

As regards cars etc, we are not going to being importing vast numbers of private cars or commercial vehicles from The USA, they are not fuel efficient.

India has said sod off and Japan has said wait and see, we will not do a deal with you until we know what you agree with the EU.

Both Kia and Hyundai cars manufactured in the EU will now be subject to 10% Tax.
THE UK CONTROLS ITS TARRIFFS !!!!!!!!

Do you not get this yet ??????? There are tarrifs on cars from outside the EU now - on Fords etc. They are the most popular make of car in the UK. We also make Nissans, Toyota, Mini etc here in the UK. The tariffs would make German cars more expensive, we would buy less German cars and shaft Merkels economy. Brilliant business idea, Swimmy.

Currently the tarrif on EU cars into the USA is about 2.5% but the USA coming into the EU is about 10%. If the UK put a 10% tariff on cars, EU cars would be 7.5% more and USA cars would be the same price.

Fords are fuel efficient - go take a look. Your comparing them to the lies VW told about their emissions in the USA.

Japan is waiting to strike a better deal with the UK than it has with the EU by the way.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
THE UK CONTROLS ITS TARRIFFS !!!!!!!!

Do you not get this yet ???????

Fords are fuel efficient - go take a look. Your comparing them to the lies VW told about their emissions in the USA.
Hi

Yes I do get it.

Fords manufactured in the USA are not, those manufactured in the EU are.

I have a ford, 11 reg, it is nor very fuel efficient as it is ex works and as fast as hell.

A Turbo Diesel and chipped.

230 and 495

It is however vastly more fuel efficient than USA Fords.

We are not going to be buying very expensive to run USA .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes I do get it.

Fords manufactured in the USA are not, those manufactured in the EU are.

I have a ford, 11 reg, it is nor very fuel efficient as it is ex works and as fast as hell.

A Turbo Diesel and chipped.

230 and 495

It is however vastly more fuel efficient than USA Fords.

We are not going to be buying very expensive to run USA .

You can't say that though, Swimmy. People have a choice, if they want in innefficient car they can get one and pay more to run it, if they don't they can buy a fuel efficient one.

People like choice.

I bet your emissions are higher than that of the space shuttle in that chipped diesel van. Don't tell Greta Thunberg, whatever you do ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 12:24 PM

You can't say that though, Swimmy. People have a choice, if they want in innefficient car they can get one and pay more to run it, if they don't they can buy a fuel efficient one.
As you stated elsewhere, the UK is at the front in battling climate change. One of the measures is putting high tariffs on cars that are not energy efficient. The oldies may chose for a polluting car, young people are more sensible.
Didn't you tell me britain is number one in electric cars?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
As you stated elsewhere, the UK is at the front in battling climate change. One of the measures is putting high tariffs on cars that are not energy efficient. The oldies may chose for a polluting car, young people are more sensible.
Didn't you tell me britain is number one in electric cars?

No isnt
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 07:00 PM

No isnt
Indeed it isn't, but take a look at your post #5 in the link's thread
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...t=Electric+car
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-05-2020, 08:03 PM

Indeed it isn't, but take a look at your post #5 in the link's thread
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...t=Electric+car
In that thread its about taxes on CO2 emissions for diesel cars. Nothing to do with import tarrifs.

Like you said, I'm right, your wrong.

Again!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-05-2020, 08:15 PM

In that thread its about taxes on CO2 emissions for diesel cars. Nothing to do with import tarrifs.

Like you said, I'm right, your wrong.

Again!
In that quote post of yours I don't read the word diesel. You must be outperforming chubby checker.

The answer is plain to see - we lead the world in battery technology and British innovation is world leading - it always has been. The other point I would like to make is that JLR (and other major companies) are showing huge amounts of confidence in Brexit Britain.*
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

20-05-2020, 08:17 PM

In that quote post of yours I don't read the word diesel. You must be outperforming chubby checker.

The answer is plain to see - we lead the world in battery technology and British innovation is world leading - it always has been. The other point I would like to make is that JLR (and other major companies) are showing huge amounts of confidence in Brexit Britain.*

You can't understand anything Solasch its nothing new. I was talking about battery technology not tarrifs.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-05-2020, 08:44 PM

You can't understand anything Solasch its nothing new. I was talking about battery technology not tarrifs.
Yep, and stating the UK is at the front of technology. Which was my question: didn't you state that UK is at the front.
So at last we can agree that you stated the UK is at the front of electrotechnology in cars. Which makes a massive difference on pollution.

But then there are you in post # 13 stating the brits want to chose for dirty diesel technology. That is a schizophrenic position you take. And that was my point.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top