Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 07:06 AM

Re: Is It Our NHS, Or Not!!

Originally Posted by summer ->
Charging people to use the NHS is an administration cost maybe because we have so many immigrants when you even it out the administration cost to so many would outweigh just giving the medical treatment to the lesser figure of who need it

Hope that makes sense....well I know what I mean
Hi

We are not set up to do it, we can charge admin costs on top of treatment.

Many countries are set up to do it, many in the EU and most certainly many Tourist Destinations.

We have a system here which is very different to other Countries.

This is not a criticism of our NHS, just a fact of life.

We are not very good at introducing new technology in any Government Department.

Our Benefits system is also very different to others.

My son was fully covered by Health Insurance in Taiwan when he was working.

When he lost his job due to Epilepsy, all Benefits ceased, including Health Insurance.

We tend to look at things from our experience here in the UK.

It is very different in other Countries.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are not set up to do it, we can charge admin costs on top of treatment.

Many countries are set up to do it, many in the EU and most certainly many Tourist Destinations.

We have a system here which is very different to other Countries.

This is not a criticism of our NHS, just a fact of life.

We are not very good at introducing new technology in any Government Department.

Our Benefits system is also very different to others.

My son was fully covered by Health Insurance in Taiwan when he was working.

When he lost his job due to Epilepsy, all Benefits ceased, including Health Insurance.

We tend to look at things from our experience here in the UK.

It is very different in other Countries.
Sod other countries. Let's get our house in order.

I believe it's time for root and branch reform of the free NHS starting with the "free" bit. It's no longer affordable.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sod other countries. Let's get our house in order.

I believe it's time for root and branch reform of the free NHS starting with the "free" bit. It's no longer affordable.
Hi

We rely on Immigrants who work in It.

Quite happy to make all the others pay, but not those.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We rely on Immigrants who work in It.

Quite happy to make all the others pay, but not those.
Look, the ONLY reason that we have so many immigrants in the NHS is because we don't insist on training being followed by a period of internship here and we don't have Workfare here to make our own WORK for their tax payer handouts.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I thought that there was a system whereby foreign visitors could use the NHS but their details would be taken and the costs would be recovered.

It's one of those "now you hear it, now you don't" situations.

Anyone know how it should work, if it exists, and why we don't think it does work?
OK, Answering my own question, the answer is here:-
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/he...e-from-abroad/

Looks like it will all change after we leave the EU - for the better!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:21 PM

We are reliant on immigration for the NHS because of Blair.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
OK, Answering my own question, the answer is here:-
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/he...e-from-abroad/

Looks like it will all change after we leave the EU - for the better!

Too right
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To all those people moaning about Priti Patel and the new immigration rules, including the fact that those that will be allowed to settle here will have to earn a minimum of £25,000 per annum.

Has anyone ever thought about the fact that they also qualify for the use of our NHS, which British citizens have paid into all their working lives? Lers take an example:

A person earning a salary of say £24,000 per annum (the national average is £30,000), pays National Insurance of £1,740 per annum. Yet immigrants that have already settled here have only ever had to pay a surcharge of just £400 per annum for the same use as those who have paid in all their working lives! Where is the fairness and equality in that?
Granted, the Gov’t has just announced this is being raised to £624 per annum, but this is still less than half of what workers are having to pay into the NHS through National Insurance contributions!

At the very least, I feel strongly that anyone settling here earning a minimum of £25,000, should pay the same National contributions as British workers.

Why should any incoming Migrants be allowed the immediate use of the NHS when they haven’t paid anything into it and will still be paying peanuts compared to British workers? This is a two-tier system, balanced very much against the indigenous population and so wrong in every sense.

What are your views? Do you agree that anyone who settles in Britain should at the very least commence immediately with paying the same NI contributions as British workers have to, instead of the paltry few hundred pounds per annum they presently do? Even with the pending rise, I feel it isn’t enough.

Or do you think otherwise?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...alth-surcharge

Immingration Health Surcharge (IHS) is a one-off payment required by non-British citizens that enables them access to the National Health Service.

It applies to anyone and their dependants wishing to enter the UK under domestic immigration rules.

The IHS was implemented in 2015.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-05-2020, 01:02 PM

I'd like to see an immigrant tax SURCHARGE to get immigrants paying for our existing infrastructure. Not a one off but a lifelong 10% or more on the tax rate they would pay if REAL Brits.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top