Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:12 PM

Re: Is BBC4 Going To Be Axed?

I am behind the times - never knew there was a BBC 3 or 4.LOL!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
The beeb could easily use one of their Red Button channels for the soon to be expanded BBC III and still keep the much appreciated BBC IV for those who cannot abide all the regular detritus imposed on the viewer via BBC I.

BBC IV are rerunning Bob Ross' painting series and it was his influence that got me speed painting (wet-on-wet) with a variety of brushes.

https://www.bobross.com/Default.asp
I never miss an episode of 'The Joy of Painting' with Bob Ross LD. I don't paint but he's so entertaining to watch that I might give it a go.

I would be sad to see BBC 4 go, there are some very good documentaries and you don't get a barrage of brainwashing adverts appearing every five minutes. I would never pay to view other than the licence, I would feel hard done by if I'd paid 25 quid a month and decided not to watch telly that month.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am behind the times - never knew there was a BBC 3 or 4.LOL!
You don't have a telly Tabby........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know there’s been some talk about it, instead they intend, reinstating and improving BBC3.
All the best series like Spiral are shown on BBC4.

I hope it’s just a rumour as l would really miss BBC4
I've heard this too Art and a friend posted an online petition to stop it. So it must be in the pipeline. They were talking of this a while back. Now they have delayed the licence fee it could be imminent. I'd rather they chopped some radio stations. Radio 1 has been rubbish since John Peel's passing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
First I've heard of it, but I hope it's not true. I enjoy a lot of the programmes on BBC4, very interesting especially the History ones.
They have some excellent and very educational programmes. They should simply introduce advertising. I don't see why axe a brilliant station rather than take that step.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-05-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
There's the rumour going round about axing Beeb 4 and putting more funding into Beeb 3. Personally, I think they should scrap Beeb one and put all of its attendant rubbish onto Beeb 3 so that it's internet only.
BBC1 do some excellent dramas. Enjoying the new Killing Eve season, but there are so many others. People who feel this way just don't like Question time and the news. Question time has become a farce. It used to be good. The news can be self indulgent and they focus too much on big news stories. (putting politics aside!). Not much point in a sport radio channel really.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You don't have a telly Tabby........
Ah - that accounts for it then!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-05-2020, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ah - that accounts for it then!
There are times when I wish I didn't either Tabby, and those times are getting more frequent by the day....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They have some excellent and very educational programmes. They should simply introduce advertising. I don't see why axe a brilliant station rather than take that step.
Oh God NO Annie........
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
BBC1 do some excellent dramas. Enjoying the new Killing Eve season, but there are so many others. People who feel this way just don't like Question time and the news. Question time has become a farce. It used to be good. The news can be self indulgent and they focus too much on big news stories. (putting politics aside!). Not much point in a sport radio channel really.
Those dramas could quite easily be shown on BBC4 along with the other (usually) excellent content on that channel. I'm referring more to stuff like the awful soap(s), inane quiz shows and pointless competitions such as `Strictly` and the Voice. All of these could be shown on BBC3. BBC2 content can be split between Beebs 3 & 4.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top