Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Packed beaches!

Just seen some film of some uk beaches from yesterday,
People all clustered together, sometimes with their beach towels
overlapping each other?
What is it with Brits that they have to congregate in such close
proximity to each other, even if there is a mile of empty beach
further up??
Could it be brits are so used to living on top of one another for so
long that they have become scared to be alone, something like
sheep?
I am beginning to despair of the british!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:30 AM

Re: Packed beaches!

DM I have to say I agree with you but I find it is only the older generations with their past experiences that will try to stay clear of others.
They go to the parks and beach's more prepared so there is no need to accumulate beside cafes and amusements.So they can venture down the beach to where there is more space.

It also probably stems from the UK being tiny compared to most of the rest of the world.
Everything about this country is built on top of each other property and land have always been of more value than life its self.
You just have to look at the city roads and buildings to see that.
It will never change in our life times mate.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:54 AM

It's not only the UK where people crowd on the beach. Left to right..Bondi..Manly.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bondi.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	12709   Click image for larger version

Name:	manly.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	12710  
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
DM I have to say I agree with you but I find it is only the older generations with their past experiences that will try to stay clear of others.
They go to the parks and beach's more prepared so there is no need to accumulate beside cafes and amusements.So they can venture down the beach to where there is more space.

It also probably stems from the UK being tiny compared to most of the rest of the world.
Everything about this country is built on top of each other property and land have always been of more value than life its self.
You just have to look at the city roads and buildings to see that.
It will never change in our life times mate.
Only a couple of years to go then LF?
Maybe some hope after all then??

Donkeyman! 😁😁
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

21-05-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
It's not only the UK where people crowd on the beach. Left to right..Bondi..Manly.
Bloody hell keezoy!
That looks worse than sarf end!
God help the planet?
And lm an athiest!!

Donkeyman! 😢😢
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:38 AM

I blame twitter and all the fake news about the virus for this....

That's one helluva beach Keezoy......
It will be interesting to see the results from all that interaction...Was lockdown the right thing to do...?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Blimey, is that now, Keezoy?

Your country people are as nuts as ours if so?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:08 PM

Ironically, the flood of stupid and irresponsible people to British beaches will, given the lack of systems and strategy from the government, produce a "second wave" of infections .....

What are the police doing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-52714448

In Woolacombe, north Devon, about 70 people were fined for parking illegally.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Strange the traffic wardens are still there to punish the drivers of parked cars.
I suppose the council has to fatten its coffers even more now that they can't pay for their pensions.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Strange the traffic wardens are still there to punish the drivers of parked cars.
https://www.northdevongazette.co.uk/...open-1-6663677

There were scenes of parking mayhem yesterday as visitors double parked, plus parked on double yellow lines and the clear way to Marine Drive at Woolacombe, in fact any spot they could find, making access difficult for locals and emergency vehicles.

Police said ‘every double yellow from Woolacombe to Mortehoe was covered’ and wardens handed out 70 fixed penalty notices.
Stupid, irresponsible tourists ..... inevitably, some of them returned home with more than a parking ticket .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top