Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Re: I love the way

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're moaning about a measly £44 million...When the UK pays out billions every year in foreign aid......

UK spending on foreign aid
15th Feb 2018

For every hundred pounds that’s made in the UK, seventy pence goes towards foreign aid.

Another way to say this is that the government has a target to spend 0.7% of the UK’s Gross National Income on overseas development aid each year. Gross National Income (GNI) is the UK’s annual output of goods and services, plus any income we get from abroad.

In 2016, the UK spent £13.4 billion on overseas aid, in line with the 0.7% target.

Because the UK economy is set to get bigger over the next few years the real value of development aid spending is expected to increase.
It's not just £44 mil though. The total cost of the Windsor's runs to circa £4 billion plus.

Secondly the GDP of a country, especially the UK is the very last thing that should be used to judge the domestic economic health of a country
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's not just £44 mil though. The total cost of the Windsor's runs to circa £4 billion plus.

Secondly the GDP of a country, especially the UK is the very last thing that should be used to judge the domestic economic health of a country
Perhaps Todger, but it's not enough to make me take up arms and chuck them out of Buck Palace; Or even climb up on a soapbox and start slagging them off....Life's too short (mine anyway) What will be will be; Nothing a South Yorkshire has-been runner and average Dad and husband can say is going to make a blind bit of difference to the direction the UK is going, and neither would it have made any difference had I lived in Russia in the nineteen hundreds....
But thanks for asking anyway....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 02:00 PM

Was reading in todays paper ,how William found having children *scary* [ and still "going on" about Diana , she has been dead 20 years ,thought he might have got used to the idea by now , or is death different for them as opposed to us ] ] QAw shucks ,what about the little couple with little money living in a small flat ,,unlike you and katie living in splendid isolation whilst this virus is going on .You and the whole gang really take the biscuit IMO.
Then sending messages as if that is supposed to comfort us ,biggest laugh going AFAIC.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top