Join for free
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Re: Smoking free county

Originally Posted by biffo ->
None of this spliffing nonsense for you then AT
I've not touched a joint or a cigarette from the day that I graduated in 1967.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 02:28 PM

thumbs up smiley (wherever that is )
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
thumbs up smiley (wherever that is )
Here it is plus one spare!
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 02:38 PM

Thanks! I'll save it to use later
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tobacco causes cancer in mouth, throat, lungs, and damages heart and other organs. It also can cause cancer in people nearby because of the poison they release when they exhale.

It also causes bronchitis and emphysema and arteriosclerosis, especially cerebral arteriosclerosis and all that then results in.

I'd rather be permanently mildly stoned or a bit squiffy than develop cancer or the other spin off's from nicotine thank you very much.
I would imagine that unless a non smoker was either trapped in a confined space or an extremely smokey environment they would not suffer from any of the complaints you describe Todger. There are so many other sources of pollution it could not conclusively be proved that second hand smoke would be the culprit.

There is not enough research been done concerning the use of cannabis and it's long term effect on the human body, especially the brain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Looks like they mess with other folks eads OGF.
Some people just love the 'Cut and Thrust' of debate Spitty...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 11:44 PM

I would just like to apologise to the none smoking Birds who shared my past, there was only one (may be two), but one is still at my side, and, I would just like to thank her for me still being here, at her side.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Looking at some of that food Bruce, it might be more healthy to have a fag....

Just to clear up any confusion; they're examples of what you can purchase for the same price not compulsory purchases. Though personally I would be quite happy with that shopping list, looks pretty good to me, none of those revolting green vegetables is always a good start.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would just like to apologise to the none smoking Birds who shared my past, there was only one (may be two), but one is still at my side, and, I would just like to thank her for me still being here, at her side.
Me too.

When we got married, I always smoked small cigars - in the house as well. Marge would complain occasionally that our wallpaper and ceilings were becoming yellow, but I was still allowed to smoke. She was very good like that, or perhaps (understandably!) she was besotted with me.

She was very happy when I stopped, though. So was I.

Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top