Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 02:20 AM

Re: Six Nations Rugby

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's more three nations and three regions but anything is better than soccer.
Them's fightin' words on here Bruce. But I'll stand with you to a point on that. I love the women's football (soccer) game. They play hard and fair and give as much as the men. It seems to me that to the women the game is the most important thing, not their egos. Sam Kerr is an outstanding player and athlete and for mine just as important as Ash Barty, the Campbell sisters and Ellyse Perry. I can't stand the men's game. It's so full of theatrics and BS. The sooking over a tap on the leg is ridiculous. They remind me of some of the tennis players and their tantrums. But the girls in soccer and rugby and AFL are fair dinkum and a lot braver.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Them's fightin' words on here Bruce. But I'll stand with you to a point on that. I love the women's football (soccer) game. They play hard and fair and give as much as the men. It seems to me that to the women the game is the most important thing, not their egos. Sam Kerr is an outstanding player and athlete and for mine just as important as Ash Barty, the Campbell sisters and Ellyse Perry. I can't stand the men's game. It's so full of theatrics and BS. The sooking over a tap on the leg is ridiculous. They remind me of some of the tennis players and their tantrums. But the girls in soccer and rugby and AFL are fair dinkum and a lot braver.
I agree with that but I have always maintained that soccer is a girl's game, they play it much better than the men and get bigger crowds.

I never objected to Women's soccer on the ABC but it really annoys me that the ABC now shows an A League game. It just shows how popular soccer is by the fact that the ABC can afford to show it. The stands are empty.

MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:59 PM

England were appallingly bad on Sunday. Most of the failings could have been predicted:

*Saracens players suffering the emotional fall-out from'CapGate'

*Eddie Jones insistence in playing people in their wrong positions (Farrell, Curry to name but two)

*His equally wrongheaded insistence in playing people who just can't cut it any more at international level - if they ever could! (Youngs, Ford, Marler, Joseph)

*His utter stupidity in doing his level best to motivate the opposition by talking about their inability to cope with England's 'brutal physicality' - that one backfired big time!!

On a positive note England's Red Roses Womens Team won a hard fought game against France to start off their 6 Nations. Well done guys!!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:24 PM

I'm a convert from soccer to rugby. When I was at school I was captain of the first XI soccer but it was in the era when "Hollywoods" became popular and I noticed that to be successful in both codes you had to be able to act! In soccer you had to be able to scream in pain when you hadn't been touched and in rugby you had to pretend that you weren't in agony!
I watch men's rugby but of all I prefer to watch the Black Ferns and womens games.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I'm a convert from soccer to rugby. When I was at school I was captain of the first XI soccer but it was in the era when "Hollywoods" became popular and I noticed that to be successful in both codes you had to be able to act! In soccer you had to be able to scream in pain when you hadn't been touched and in rugby you had to pretend that you weren't in agony!
I watch men's rugby but of all I prefer to watch the Black Ferns and womens games.
I'll second that bro. I'll always be AFL first and foremost but I'll also always love rugby. BUt men's football?..nah mate. It's just so full of cry babies it's pitiful. I love the women's game. Thjey don't sook. They just get on with it. My following of men's soccer died the day I saw a Saudi player spit on an Australian. And he didn't get sent off.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 01:22 PM

Got my Welsh jersey on ready for kick off at 2.15 today.
Pob Lwc Cymru.
Good Luck Wales.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Got my Welsh jersey on ready for kick off at 2.15 today.
Pob Lwc Cymru.
Good Luck Wales.
A sad result for Wales against Ireland.

On the plus side, a good win for England against Scotland in a scrappy game.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:04 PM

On the plus side another great win for Ireland!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 06:00 PM

Now, now Glanny. Let us not gloat.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 10:45 AM

Difficult to tell how much England had improved as the conditions made it all but impossible to play. Still - at least we won.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top