Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 08:58 PM

Crazy bast**d

Yesterday. I had to cross the border to pick up supplies. I was having trouble getting the trolley pass machine to work. A 40 something year-old man in line behind me helped me and I got my ticket. I said thank you very much and as I turned to walk away I lightly patted him on the shoulder and smiled at him. He jumped back, acting as if he had been bitten by a snake, and he went absolutely ballistic and stared screaming at me. I said, "Oh, sorry". He moved in towards me and I said, "Hey, chill out. I was only thanking you."

If it had not been for my size and height, I think he would have attacked me. Huh ? What in the world happened?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Crazy bast**d

Perhaps he just did not like being touched - some people don't - especially not by strangers - and you had already thanked him.

or

Perhaps he had been mugged sometime in his past and was still a bit jumpy.

or

Perhaps he was an illegal and thought you were a cop!!
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:37 PM

here, patting him on the shoulder may mean
a - you're gay
b - you think he's gay
c - you think he's a pet dog
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by biffo ->
here, patting him on the shoulder may mean
a - you're gay
b - you think he's gay
c - you think he's a pet dog
Gee. that never occurred to me. I am, by nature, a tactile guy. When I pat a guy on the shoulder it is a gesture of 'thank you" or "Good job, fellow". Or often just plain friendship.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:31 PM

Perhaps he was just mental?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:40 PM

He thought you were coming onto him.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No one is Just Mental, that is unjust.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:53 PM

Perhaps he had a boil on his shoulder Bakerman....Or a chip....
bakerman
Mexico

08-02-2020, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Yes, I'm thinking he was just plain wacko. For my entire adult life, I have not changed my inter-personal behavior when interacting with people. I must have done the same to thousands of men in my whole life and nothing remotely like that has ever happened to me before. I mean seriously, it's not like I grabbed his ass. I merely lightly patted his shoulder.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:51 PM

Just an unfortunate event mate.I can see both sides. You were totally innocent in your action. You know that. But as was said some people just don't like being touched by somebody they don't know. They have their reasons which you can never know if you don't know them. I am a friendly person but I have a big personal space. I loathe being touched by people I don't know.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top