Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Re: Storm Dennis.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I ventured out to Upton yesterday to collect my medication from the Doctors and ended up in a 3 mile tailback as people finding other routes closed tried to cross the bridge which opened for a while before closing later.

I haven't seen the flooding this bad since 2007 .The flood barriers have been installed since then and have done a good job in protecting the town but were in danger of being breached last night and some of the town was evacuated.

Upton this morning ...

The road was recently raised as part of the flood defence scheme but the main road along the river still floods and is outside the barriers .
That's incredible, the Severn has the greatest water flow so imagine it may be some time before the floodwater recedes and people can start clearing up. Take care.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I ventured out to Upton yesterday to collect my medication from the Doctors and ended up in a 3 mile tailback as people finding other routes closed tried to cross the bridge which opened for a while before closing later.

I haven't seen the flooding this bad since 2007 .The flood barriers have been installed since then and have done a good job in protecting the town but were in danger of being breached last night and some of the town was evacuated.

Upton this morning ...

The road was recently raised as part of the flood defence scheme but the main road along the river still floods and is outside the barriers .

We drive through there on our way to the Three Counties show ground, but some times we go the other way, next turning off the M5 if we are going to the car boot first.
We went through Upton when storm Ciara was starting, on the Saturday & saw that the fields were still flooded on the concert side of the river, but it wasn't as bad as your photo then. We also saw the flood defence being put in place at other times when we drove passed.
We go to the Malvern show ground several times a year for the flea market. If you go to the flea market you could visit us.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:25 PM

Hi

Day two of being unable to get into Town.

Both Guy and I have missed appointments which we have waited for for weeks.

It is very frustrating.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 10:48 AM

Why don't "they" build channels, from rivers that are prone to flooding, leading to reservoirs?
We're bound to have water shortages if summers get hotter.
The reservoirs could be good for wildlife and attract visitors.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why don't "they" build channels, from rivers that are prone to flooding, leading to reservoirs?
We're bound to have water shortages if summers get hotter.
The reservoirs could be good for wildlife and attract visitors.
Where would "they" put all the houses that are needed if the land was used for reservoirs?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top